Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

10 here too! No losses today. The bator babies and the guineas came out into the run today. Harriet's babies are starting to bump chests with each other. It was cute.

Last edited:
OK....here is the best I can do on the road.

While mom is on vacation
We birdies are doing great
We really love the chicken sitter
So over two days, we gave her eight!

Nugget is squatting all afternoon. She even let me pick her up.
ep.gif
Then she walked into the coop and checked out the nest box. She looks confused, like she has no clue about what is happening to her.

time to put the kids to bed.... g'night all.
frow.gif

Good to see you again OK!!!!

Roses are red
violets are blue
I don't have a good poem.
How about you?

I put one big tarp on the turkey pen. I had put several smaller ones on it. I wasn't thinking. I am not wild about how it is on. I am worried it won't be able to hold up to the SNOW this WINTER! I am told over and over it is going to be as bad or worse, and I am getting ready as soon as possible. Too much needs done. I was without heat a lot last year, and now that I know I have a coal stove in the garage, I am trying to get DH's friend to look at it, and see if it is sound. Otherwise, I may be filling the extra space in the big coop with straw and blankets. The chickens can keep me warm!
I do have a big generator, but it needs repaired. Like I said, a lot needs done.
I think the chickens are molting. The egg numbers are really low.

I'm a bad chicken mama. I went down last night and locked up the little ones, but the big chickens were still out in the run and wanted no part of going in yet. I came back up to the house and was going to go back down later on to shut the sliding door. I Forgot!I didn't even realize it until I we down to open up this morning! Bad Chicken Mama!!!!!! Everyone is ok and accounted for. Thank goodness!

Oh.... I forgot to check the traps. I will have to do that in a little bit.

I'm a bad chicken mama. I went down last night and locked up the little ones, but the big chickens were still out in the run and wanted no part of going in yet. I came back up to the house and was going to go back down later on to shut the sliding door. I Forgot!I didn't even realize it until I we down to open up this morning! Bad Chicken Mama!!!!!! Everyone is ok and accounted for. Thank goodness!

Oh.... I forgot to check the traps. I will have to do that in a little bit.
Don't feel bad, we have all done something like that. I have had to develop the habit of, once I put everyone up for the evening, walking the entire area...in part to look for any strays that may have managed to hide and in part to look for any eggs that my ducks may have dropped and forgot to let me know about. Usually I find at least two eggs and now and then I find one of my Andalusians that didn't want to go in.

Back
Top Bottom