Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Last picture... I decided to let Rumples kids snuggle with her. I know that they will not hurt her.

Still waiting but in a good note I have 2 squatters 18wks 3 days.....I just want an EGG!! No wonder I snooped at Christmas and found out what sex my babies were I CANT TAKE THE SUSPENSE!!

Haha!!!! Torture isn't it!!!

So not to rub it in on how fabulous my chickens are but imagine my surprise when the chicken who was lying in the middle of the yard all covered in dog slobber who didn't move all day yesterday laid me an egg!!! I really thought she'd be dead this morning from shock. But not only was she sitting there but there was an egg in the back of the crate!!!!

Last edited:

So not to rub it in on how fabulous my chickens are but imagine my surprise when the chicken who was lying in the middle of the yard all covered in dog slobber who didn't move all day yesterday laid me an egg!!! I really thought she'd be dead this morning from shock. But not only was she sitting there but there was an egg in the back of the crate!!!!

That's awesome glad she's feeling safe!!

Last edited:

She needs her own pie. Just a little bowl of ostmeal with raisins and milk.

That's wonderful! Sounds like she is one tough chicken! So glad she is OK.

Yeah!! I finally got a third egg. They are so far apart it's like getting my first egg every time, lol. This was from the EE who has been acting like she would lay any minute for the past week + .
We have been hearing a lot of "egg song" lately, but when I could identify the singer, it was my darn rooster. So today when I heard a big commotion, I didn't run out, I thought, "I'll just check, as long as I'm out here in the garden"' and there was a perfect little blue/green egg! 2 browns and a blue in almost 3 weeks. I might be able to feed our family in a few months at this rate :ya

Hershy I know the feeling. We were getting 1-2 a day before we went on vacation. Now its 4 most days. Today was our first 2 blue egg day. Our chicken sitter took as many as she wanted and ready there are 18 more already and still 4 more days til we get home!

Back
Top Bottom