Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

In hopes of returning to the road, I don't want to go crazy with birds. As I sit outside on this beautiful morning? I wish two things. To see birds in the runs in front of me, and that I were on the bike. Ha ha! But I always wish those things! It is just one of those early spring mornings (and earlyish in the morning!) when the sun is shining, the birds are singing and I'm out here drinking my coffee in my pajamas. The dog seems happy to be here.

In hopes of returning to the road, I don't want to go crazy with birds. As I sit outside on this beautiful morning? I wish two things. To see birds in the runs in front of me, and that I were on the bike. Ha ha! But I always wish those things! It is just one of those early spring mornings (and earlyish in the morning!) when the sun is shining, the birds are singing and I'm out here drinking my coffee in my pajamas. The dog seems happy to be here.

Sounds nice. A few hens would make it almost perfect.
D.gif

I love listening to the songbirds in the morning. I wish the mockingbird that moved in 2 days ago knew the definition of morning. Bird was singing until 3 am!

LOL it was raining this morning when I woke up.....headed out to let the chickens out of the pen, they loved it...later DH woke up and told me to make sure I kept them locked in....he thought they were so dumb they would drown looking at rain drops...LOL...it was just a soaking rain and the yard has plenty of cover if they want it but they were out gobbling worms driven up by the rain

So nervous about checking the boxes today. I HOPE the snake is gone, but yestetday one of the birds was eating the egg the snake crushed. Hope it doesn't develop into an egg eater. Have y'all dealt with that (besides the pesky blue jay lol)? I cleaned the box up and changed all the nesting material.

Last edited:
So far my hens haven't broken/eaten any without the jays starting it. There have been several partially eaten eggs, so I think the hens chase off the jays and leave the rest. Hubs made a bunch of plaster eggs and that seems to be helping along with collecting throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom