Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I can't remember, so I am gonna ask! When do the girls all finally roost? On the first night, there was a pullet on one end of the front roost by herself, and in the back corner, there was Steven and I think Sheryl on the roost with everyone else laying under the roost in a pile. That was about six weeks ago. When I look, they are still all in a pile except Steven and a girl or two. They roost during the day, so what gives? And I am not going in, and putting them on the roost. I can't reach them, and Steven would kill me for trying.

MC, maybe they need a little more light to see well enough to go up in the evening. OR there is a big bully that keeps them off. Other than that, I got nothing.
idunno.gif

You could put a nice comfy roost down low (1½ ft up) and once they get used to it, take it away and see if they'll use the higher ones.

gig.gif
Just like taking the car to a mechanic. Magically the odd noise stops.

You know I also have a talent for slowing down a line. At the grocery store? Pick a line, any line. I get in it, and the register tape runs out, or someone needs a manager, or the customer and checker discover they were childhood friends and have 40 years to catch up on, or someone spends 10 minutes to write out a check. (Yes, checks still do exist! Just come with me to the grocery to see!) Mine line takes longer than any of the others I could have gotten in. I'm used to it. Happens on the freeway too.
he.gif

I'm going to buy eggs today. I can't wait on these girls any longer. When I brought them home I was told they were already laying. Had I known then it could be a month before they would lay because of the move I would have been better prepared mentally for the wait. Oh well BYC has schooled me and I appreciate it.

I'm going to buy eggs today. I can't wait on these girls any longer. When I brought them home I was told they were already laying. Had I known then it could be a month before they would lay because of the move I would have been better prepared mentally for the wait. Oh well BYC has schooled me and I appreciate it.
They were likely at point of lay--It is not a very firm time for that.

I hope they start laying for you soon!

Back
Top Bottom