Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Praying for your Mom and for you MC... my Mom had a series of mini strokes that came with very similar symptoms.

I've been praying and praying and praying, along with the entire town of Middleburgh for Kayla. a Cowgirl with a heart of gold, a wonderful Mother, a Nursing student who also worked at our local feed store... she took a few of my chickens last year, was supposed to come this week for a few more but... she suffered a pulmonary embolism last week. despite fighting hard for her life, she passed away last night. I'm still reeling. we all are. I can't even go on Facebook without facing hundreds of posts and photos. I should be cried out by now, but the tears keep blurring my vision. Rest in Peace my beautiful friend! Saddle up in Heaven - until we meet again.

What a terrible blow. She was so young. I think those things that happen out of the blue, for no apparent reason, hits everyone harder. We aren't in control as much as we like to think. Hugs and prayers for you, dear friend.
hugs.gif

W4W - hey. Fish are doing good!

Spent the day at the inlaws today for easter/birthdays. My sister and I have the same birthday which is monday so we all got together to do double duty today. The babies made it through their first night without a lamp. The day after we got them, we went on vacation for 4 days so we didn't want to take it away and then be gone - mostly because we thought the water might freeze. They are fully feathered so I assumed they would be okay, especially since my garage will be a few degrees warmer than the outside but without someone here to supervise, I didn't want to risk it. however, we put a small bulb in it. Just a 75 watt bulb to keep the water from freezing. When we got home, I took it away and they did fine and the water did not freeze. So we bypassed the whole heat lamp stage entirely, yay! I'll take that in exchange for missing the 5 days or so of cute fuzzy butts. I think they are about 6 weeks or so old now.

Thankfully, we got a whole heap of snow dumped on us. Yippy
rant.gif
ing skippy. My yard had just dried up and stuff and the bees were starting to come out - not that they won't come out with snow on the ground but this whole cold front thing is really cramping my style.

it's almost melted, but still lol.

We have had a beautiful day here too. We were just commenting on how wonderful all the green is. Hasn't been this nice in four years because to the dreaded drought. Also up at the in laws.
roll.png
(The eyes don't roll quite far enough on this!) Hang in there, mortie. You will get some green soon.

Hugs and prayers Cheeka and MC! Just shows how fleeting life is...

Beautiful day here. Chilly now so a fire is blaring in the stove.

Mortie when does the snow stop?

the sad thing is we HAD green. Then it decided to snow again. It was actually a super nice day..minus the snow. I keep looking into the forcast and it always leaves me with that
barnie.gif
feeling.

Back
Top Bottom