Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Finally my little Frizzled Polish pullet has become a hen! She laid the cute tiny egg last night. It's so small that it won't even fit in my egg holder so I have had to get the ceramic chicken out that I use for holding bantam eggs.

Also, my Marans has taken to laying in the corner of the coop instead of the nesting box, apparently the line for the favourite nesting box is getting too long for her to wait!

The little egg

Compared to my large wheaten Marans egg.

My egg holder

The ceramic chicken
Congrats on the new egg layer!

Pullet is before a year old. Hen is older than a year old. She is still a pullet, if she is less than a year old.

Finally my little Frizzled Polish pullet has become a hen! She laid the cute tiny egg last night. It's so small that it won't even fit in my egg holder so I have had to get the ceramic chicken out that I use for holding bantam eggs.

Also, my Marans has taken to laying in the corner of the coop instead of the nesting box, apparently the line for the favourite nesting box is getting too long for her to wait!

The little egg

Compared to my large wheaten Marans egg.

My egg holder

The ceramic chicken

Congratulations on the new layer! The egg holders are cute. That is a good looking egg!

Congrats on the new layers! I've got quite a few as well, but definitely 2 in the bantam group are tinted layers! half Silkie Gossy and half Harris who is Salmon Faverolle EE Peach x RIR Red's son... he's the only one of Peach's last clutch that I kept. I even gave away her daughters. it meant the end of my tinted egg bantams... but not anymore! so I have these awesome colored half Silkie's that lay blue eggs! I know there is a 3rd, because I have one that is more green, but I sold it this morning, so I couldn't add it to this photo...

my customers are so happy I'm back, I have been finding little gifts in the mailboxes... I'm whooped, but I love the Jeep, it's perfect!

Back
Top Bottom