Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Plus there are the two small coops and the huge turkey pen.
Today was a good day all in all. Bottom line, I got to go outside during the day, and I was able to turn on lights in the house tonight. I have not been able to do this for about 10 days due to the drama with the neighbors. I also spent almost an hour with Duckling.
Being able to go into the coop when the sun was up, I was able to see the chicks. They have gotten quite big, and very beautiful. I didn't know that so many of them are speckled. I am still surprised that none of them are red. I have two black hens, two red hens, a blonde and the rooster is a mix of colors, but he should have thrown red as well. He is the one that gave off the speckles.

Great pictures MC! So glad you didn't have to skulk around. Thinking about you.
hugs.gif

Cheeka, hope your first day back at work goes smoothly. I bet your regulars will be happy to see you back! Do you still see your friend, the older lady (Ruth?).

Finally my little Frizzled Polish pullet has become a hen! She laid the cute tiny egg last night. It's so small that it won't even fit in my egg holder so I have had to get the ceramic chicken out that I use for holding bantam eggs.

Also, my Marans has taken to laying in the corner of the coop instead of the nesting box, apparently the line for the favourite nesting box is getting too long for her to wait!

The little egg

Compared to my large wheaten Marans egg.

My egg holder

The ceramic chicken

Back
Top Bottom