Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I remember Neffy! I like the silver stippling on her hackles. Sweet girl. They will be tiny babies! If she is not broody, that means you are hatching them out or finding an adoptive broody?

Jojo bit me for tripping on him (I apologized!!) and tried several other times. He hasn't tried the two times I've been out since.
I made a few more phone calls, and was assured that I do have Pekins. It's unknown why, but possible for them to have a spot on their heads.

I remember Neffy! I like the silver stippling on her hackles. Sweet girl. They will be tiny babies! If she is not broody, that means you are hatching them out or finding an adoptive broody?
yes, I will give her eggs to Gossy in early summer.

and I never answered your question about my friend Ruth. she's fine, but I had to say goodbye for the winter at least... she left after Thanksgiving and went to live with family further upstate. it's good. she lives so very remotely and is essentially blind - can still see a little from one eye, totally blind in the other. last year, I offered to let her stay with me for the winter and she got so angry with me, we did not speak for a few months (well, she didn't speak to me...). then she snapped out of it, realized she missed a great opportunity... if she really wanted to be "home"... she could have spent Mon-Sat there while I worked, and been picked up every afternoon, brought here, good meals, dogs, cats, chickens... company... her own space if she wanted privacy - I have a gorgeous "family/dining" room that I used as a bedroom myself for the first 5 years that I lived here. first floor, huge picture windows, right next to the bathroom...a door that leads to the backyard... oh well. she's not particularly happy where she's at, but that is just because it isn't home and it's too far (100 miles) to go back to her place for a spell... she wants to be back home in May, but that just might not be possible anymore. we'll see... getting old can be sad. it was awful when her family came and took her car away. that made it impossible to stay - her friends here couldn't take her places anymore all that easily, most people have big ole trucks that she couldn't climb into...

MC, sorry about JoJo... he didn't mean it. it was a love bite.

Back
Top Bottom