Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I've been better, but overall doing fine. Something is wrong with my foot. Been battling plantar fasciitis for years, but new pain has start. It a PITA, that's for sure! Just call me gimpy!

I'll gimp right along with ya W4W! my knee is even better at predicting the weather than it was pre surgery. I'm not as happy as the dogs with the snow and continued moisture in the air.

MC...
hugs.gif

RTW, Welcome! and W4W gave you good advice. he's got to be trained, if he's not a good boy, you do not want to keep him and you definitely do not want to breed him! the girls will teach him, it may take a while, and never let him be a dink to you. keep a long stick handy if he approaches you in an aggressive manner. kicking only provokes. I like skinny ski poles or those bright orange marker sticks that are light weight and slender. I don't hit them, just put the length between us so they know to keep their distance. I have 16 roosters tho'... so... my situation is different, and I no longer have to carry the stick. it was the first 2 years that I did. and I learned a lot about them. the first thing is, mean roosters taste delicious! the second is, they can learn. now, all I have to do is not wear a baseball cap, and warn visitors not to wear baseball caps... for some reason, my #1 large boy, Royce, is offended by them. he'll chase after anyone wearing one, and if you remove it and toss it in the yard, he'll kill it. over and over. don't ask why... he just hates them. wooly caps, cowboy hats... all cool. must be the fact that they truly are the most tacky piece of attire ever invented. purposeful, but tacky... anyway, randy cockerels can do damage in Spring, they don't dance, they just grab which rips out feathers... I'd separate him, only letting them together during free range.

Wow.... you guys have been chatty. Howdy to the newbies! :frow MC.... have you been taking your meds? Hmmmm?
Six!! Maxed out with a full basket. :yesss:
I have no broodies. Its April already... and no broodies. Hm. My urge for chickies is passing.
78 by Friday, so ATVs in the mountains we shall go ! :weee

Wow.... you guys have been chatty. Howdy to the newbies! :frow MC.... have you been taking your meds? Hmmmm?
Six!! Maxed out with a full basket. :yesss:
I have no broodies. Its April already... and no broodies. Hm. My urge for chickies is passing.
78 by Friday, so ATVs in the mountains we shall go ! :weee

Hey! LOL! Not nice! :lau
Gimpy, Do you mean the baby or the outfit? You know, I can show you a photo of what Duckling did in her crib the other day to snap you out of it!

Last edited:
Hi MC. And Cheeka.
I didn't get into this for a rooster. I got into this for better eggs than I could buy at a store.
Wishing, great advice. I separated OJ from my girls. ****** him off !
He ran my 3 acres like he owned it, cool with me.
He's not getting back in my coop, or run.
I'll keep ya posted.
Thanks again Wishing.
RTW.

Hi MC. And Cheeka.
I didn't get into this for a rooster. I got into this for better eggs than I could buy at a store.
Wishing, great advice. I separated OJ from my girls. ****** him off !
He ran my 3 acres like he owned it, cool with me.
He's not getting back in my coop, or run.
I'll keep ya posted.
Thanks again Wishing.
RTW.

Oh and wait until you taste the eggs! You'll never enjoy breakfast out again. Make sure they get lots of greens to eat. Mine love kale. I grow it just for them. Yolks are beautiful orange and so delicious.

OJ belongs in prison anyway.

Yep, I made some scrambled this morning.
Amazing ! It's like tomatoes, ya can't buy them like you can grow them.
Thanks again for the kind advice. I'll let you know how the ladies do without the stress of the rooster.
I put them up, and let OJ back in the run until tomorrow. Then he's on his own.
He's not a person dressed up like a rooster, he's a rooster.
RTW.

Back
Top Bottom