Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Well...I don't know what to say except if you go to MN, you'll be right next door. How ironic is it that I told my husband yesterday that I want to see a dr in new york?

Sorry cheeka. Another disappointment.
hmm.png
Mayo clinic is sounding pretty good at this point. Mylee a day early is good!
wee.gif

I have a question about broody behavior. I have Buster and the chicks inside the run in a cage with a small dog kennel for a nest. Buster has barely gotten up since being put in there Sunday night. She is taking good care of the chicks, but is sitting the whole time, even to poop. The chicks are running around, pecking and scratching, and come back to mama to get warm. She makes clucky noises, lifts up to let them under, and I know her legs are ok, because I saw her stretching them. So is this within normal broody behavior? I expected her to be up and leading them around, exploring and stuff. The cage is small. Maybe I will put them in the bigger ground cage tomorrow if it's warm enough.

Here's where they are for now. She likes the dog kennel.

She will move out of the kennel during the day, but just sits there while the chicks run around

Nice setup she's only had the chicks a couple of days, it is normal for her to sit for 2 days, she doesn't seem to realize that her chicks are old enough and such... by tomorrow, I bet she'll be up more.

Just because they're so cute!

Hugs
they are so adorable!

Huh. I've got nothing.

I also did the intake for the Mayo Clinic today. it may take a while to go because some docs get booked out and I cannot easily take multiple trips, so it's best to book when all are available to be seen at once.
they'll be here tomorrow early afternoon! I cannot wait for Wrangler to meet the Pugs, see Chester and her flock, she is all gabber over who she wants to see first! I'll keep up, it's so much to look forward to!

It seems that I did not post here about Duckling assisting in a hatch. A little over a week ago, she arrived just in time for one to hatch, and another was obviously in trouble. I brought it to the kitchen, and Duckling really was helping! When it was time to actually get it out of the shell, I dumped (okay, rolled?) it right into her hands!

Back
Top Bottom