Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Well my fridge is full of eggs at 6 months my girls started laying every day now 2 of my 20 wks old is laying, I have 10 total and today I got 8 eggs.. nice size to....

I've helped a couple hatch and its nerve wracking. I go very slow and only help if after 24 hrs they haven't done anything. And then it's a little bit of shell at first which is sometimes enough. I've never lost one or helped too early so I figured I'm doing something right when I do help.

W4W I keep trying to load a pic of the bunnies but the mobile app is so buggy!

they had minor car trouble in VA, engine light came on, Oma used to be a mechanic so she knew what to check, added oil and coolant, checked transmission fluid, went to an auto zone and used the meter, she's got a bad spark plug wire, but they'll make it here by 10:30 or so... she knows the car will make the trip and she'll give it a tune up when she gets here. worried me though... need them to be safe!
it was hot and overcast, I was a mess from the heat and trying to weed whack, even with my ice vest... my arms are still weak. I go to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for an Aug 15th appt. the first of many... I'll leave the 14th. have to plan to spend at least a week there. wish it was sooner... Oma and Mylee will already be back in NM by then, Mylee starts school on the 11th. my brother will probably fly out so he can house/animal sit. it's a lot to ask of someone... but I need someone here, not just coming twice a day or something... my friend Kathleen will come every day too, to help out so my brother doesn't feel overwhelmed, and I'm sure Mrs.Nosy would be willing to pitch in for something...

drank coffee at 5 so I could stay awake until they get here ~ cannot wait to give and get great big hugs!

old.gif
oops, sorry John... Welcome! and x2 on what kind of chickens do you have? got any pics? just so you know... it never ever gets old, finding and collecting those treasures...

I have a half day at work today and I am determined to finally landscape around my chicken run. I have extra 2 foot fencing to protect the area from the chickens (because guess who can jump over two foot fencing and destroy my garden... silly dog forced me to get 3 ft for the garden).

I'm going for a lot of roses and butterfly bushes. I'll do some little things like marigolds but I figure the climbing plants will stand a better chance and they'll provide more shade (which I'm sadly lacking).

Hope everyone is doing well... It's quite on here today!

clindz, the bunnies are adorable!! You are doing a great job raising them. I raised some pinky field mice when I was a kid. Dad destroyed the nest with the tractor. I was worried they would be too tame to fend for themselves when it was time to let them go. Ha! As soon as it was weaning time, they went crazy WILD! It was like they had never seen me before. Wonder if the buns will do something similar.

I have been planting things out in my chicken yard for years, but the drought makes it tricky. I have some roses in pots that I want to put put there. I've got a loquat tree & pineapple guavas. This spring added 2 pomegranates and a small orange tree, and still want to add several roses that have been in pots way too long. My latest plan, unbeknownst to hubs, is a low pergola that I will cover with grapes, underneath will be an official dust bathing area.

I put in a butterfly bush a few years ago.
But they love their apple tree better.

We got normal amounts of winter rain, so the butterfly bush id going crazy with blossoms this spring.

Back
Top Bottom