Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

The raspberry jalepeno chicken was pretty good.  Here's the recipe.  https://onceamonthmeals.com/recipes/grilled-raspberry-jalapeno-chicken/

I used WAY less jalepeno than it called for and I beat them to death in the food processor because I knew if one of my kids got a chunk they would never eat this again.  It was just right.  Just enough kick to compliment the sweetness.

I used this recipe for the carrots http://diethood.com/garlic-butter-roasted-carrots/  and I cooked them at the same time as the potatoes.  For those I cooked them the same as I always do.  I cut red potatoes into about 1 inch pieces and tossed them in avacado oil and put them on a cookie sheet (one with sides, I use a commercial type one, you could use the bottom of a broiling pan) and sprinkled with salt and rosemary.  I drizzle a little more oil on for good measure and roast in a 450 degree oven (I tried 425 for convection today) and roast until golden brown and delicious, usually around 40 minutes.  I put the carrots and potatoes on the same cookie sheet, figuring if the garlic butter got on the potatoes, so much the better.  The carrots had to come out a little before the potatoes but I kept them warm in the toaster oven. 

It was pretty good.  The best part is, The only real prep you have to do for the chicken is making the sauce, which you could easily make ahead and freeze.  I am planning on making a double batch of the sauce and freeze it in 4 bags, 2 for marinade and 2 for the finishing sauce.  Easy peasy.  Then when I want to make it again all I have to do is buy chicken.

Sounds delicious, thank you!!

Well.... the Wellsummer chick in question is a cockerel. His comb is already turning red.
barnie.gif

@Wishing4Wings My 2 "pullets" that started crowing in the last week.
Double the fun?
hmm.png
My little EE has those huge dinosaur legs like yours. When he crows he goes. Already keep the 4 Serama cockerels in the garage at night. I have a black sheet I hang over their pen facing the window. They think morning is when the sheet comes down.
big_smile.png
er-dee-err-dee-errrrrrrr!

Back
Top Bottom