Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

If I had more space, it would be different. If I was allowed more chickens, it would be different. If, if, if.

Given the limitations that I am working with...just never again lol. Next time I am starting from scratch with all new birds.

I have my original 6 birds (okay, one is gone now). They have 18 babies from the incubator. They never bonded. They didn't want them on the roost. They too did not sleep on the new roost. They wanted to sleep in the duck pen. There is not a problem putting new babies in the coop. A single black chick wandered over here a week or so ago, and is happy with the ducklings and the SPR that follow them around. No one was mean to the black chick.
The five Muscovies are in a group of their own. Though there are four boys, so I now realize that may be why Jojo is not bonding with the girl. (
he.gif
How did I not think of that before?)
Jojo and Casey never did bond well with the chickens, but as ducks I can see that.
The new babies are the 2 Pekins, six SPR, black chick and 3 poults. The poults are pretty much their own group. They will still hang with the other babies. But, mostly it is just the three of them.
So, I have cliques all over the place.
On the bright side, I will be processing tomorrow. The extra boys will be going (baby Pekin boy might stay a while) and the order will all change.

well... the house is officially on the market once again, praying for a quick sale... and my doc put me out on disability today. I have to drop the letter off tomorrow and do some paperwork for my disability policy... get a hold of my egg customers, let them know that I'm out so they will not be able to have eggs delivered, some will come here, and there's one lady who will deliver them to a few of her neighbors for me...
I'm no longer qualified to do my job. I can't lift the minimum requirement and walk with it and who in their right mind would risk "drunk driving" because I ate carbs... which my doc insists I eat more of, either that or balance the protein overload with a fat overload and frankly... I hate sardines. I feed the chickens canned salmon, because it's way too stinky for me to eat and my doc said... yeah and they're healthy, so eat it.
I'll be holding my nose!

well... the house is officially on the market once again, praying for a quick sale... and my doc put me out on disability today. I have to drop the letter off tomorrow and do some paperwork for my disability policy... get a hold of my egg customers, let them know that I'm out so they will not be able to have eggs delivered, some will come here, and there's one lady who will deliver them to a few of her neighbors for me...
I'm no longer qualified to do my job. I can't lift the minimum requirement and walk with it and who in their right mind would risk "drunk driving" because I ate carbs... which my doc insists I eat more of, either that or balance the protein overload with a fat overload and frankly... I hate sardines. I feed the chickens canned salmon, because it's way too stinky for me to eat and my doc said... yeah and they're healthy, so eat it.
I'll be holding my nose!
I like smoked kipper snacks and some of the mexican sardines in hot sauce might do the trick.

I hope you can get your nutrition back in line!

well... the house is officially on the market once again, praying for a quick sale... and my doc put me out on disability today.  I have to drop the letter off tomorrow and do some paperwork for my disability policy... get a hold of my egg customers, let them know that I'm out so they will not be able to have eggs delivered, some will come here, and there's one lady who will deliver them to a few of her neighbors for me...
I'm no longer qualified to do my job.  I can't lift the minimum requirement and walk with it and who in their right mind would risk "drunk driving" because I ate carbs... which my doc insists I eat more of, either that or balance the protein overload with a fat overload and frankly... I hate sardines.  I feed the chickens canned salmon, because it's way too stinky for me to eat and my doc said... yeah and they're healthy, so eat it.
I'll be holding my nose!

:hugs

hey all, the house was only officially on the market for one day, with exterior photos only... and tomorrow, there are 2 showings! one at 11 and then at 3, the Realtor is coming to do interior photos, and at 7 PM, the second showing. both showings are from outside agencies so they may actually be people who saw it on Zillow or MLS a couple of years ago... I had a lot of views online, but not many showings. it was the agent. she was awful.
I hope it sells fast. I will just head south west and find something fast - my brother can help as he lives in Denver... I don't want to be that far north, and I insist on rural... taking Brutus and Dutch and Neffy for certain, probably Gossy, taking the newest chicks, there are only 6... the rest are going to the Rescue Dude down the hill or to anyone who wants them.
still going to Minnesota to the Mayo Clinic in August, so... it's a little tricky, but that is essential.
no pics today, had to turn in my disability letter, pick up some general stuff... and then we had severe thunderstorms all afternoon, we're having a break and I'm testing the internet. can't get on FB, but I can get on here...
back to cleaning! the house looks great... just a few last minute things and then the actual last minute things that can't be stashed until morning...

Back
Top Bottom