Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Quote: Prettiest blue I ever saw! Your eggs are all really bright! You sound like me when Bunny FINALLLY started laying!
wee.gif

Thank you everyone for making me feel better by telling me I have pretty eggs. I sadly have no one to share my excitement with here.

A) I walked to the coop this morning(in the ) singing, "I don't have to carry wa-ter! I don't have to carry waaaaater!" I love the 5 gallon waterer. I did have to bring a bucket out last night, but the difference is that it is an upright bucket anytime of the day (no rushing to get it done) and I just pour it into the waterer. Or I could bring the waterer inside, but I really don't enjoy having chicken feeders in my kitchen if I can help it.
B) the guy offering me the peacocks... They are terrified of me (just as my flock was afraid of my nephew. But it still surprised me) which is a negative. They are also not free-range like I thought. The only birds that touch the ground are the chickens, and he didn't even know he had a BO hen. I wanted her, but I am not trading my birds to be put in with his. I am not saying it is the worst thing I have ever seen. I just ... Well, you get it I am sure.
Anyway, the peacocks (there are about a dozen) are in a hutch about three feet off the ground with a wire bottom, surrounded by a tarp, and only big enough for them to move. Come to think of it, I saw some somewhere else. Maybe in with the chickens. I now know that if I put them in my chicken coop, they would have a better life than they do now. Too bad I know that they deserve better than I can give them. If I had a ton of money, I would build a nice enclosure for them. But I don't, so I can't, so I won't.
big_smile.png

Okay, all done confusing you.
C) It's PI day!!!! Today is 3.14 (March 14th)!!!!

Quote:
Where did you buy your apron? Penny needs one still. She isn't getting any better, and I think I am a week or less from having to separate her.
The aprons came from Louise's Country Closet, www.louisescountrycloset.com is her store, and [email protected] is her email. she had the best price, and a very cute range of patterns that you can choose from, and shipping is included. they came fast, and I like them, well made, easy...
A) I walked to the coop this morning(in the ) singing, "I don't have to carry wa-ter! I don't have to carry waaaaater!" I love the 5 gallon waterer. I did have to bring a bucket out last night, but the difference is that it is an upright bucket anytime of the day (no rushing to get it done) and I just pour it into the waterer. Or I could bring the waterer inside, but I really don't enjoy having chicken feeders in my kitchen if I can help it.
B) the guy offering me the peacocks... They are terrified of me (just as my flock was afraid of my nephew. But it still surprised me) which is a negative. They are also not free-range like I thought. The only birds that touch the ground are the chickens, and he didn't even know he had a BO hen. I wanted her, but I am not trading my birds to be put in with his. I am not saying it is the worst thing I have ever seen. I just ... Well, you get it I am sure.
Anyway, the peacocks (there are about a dozen) are in a hutch about three feet off the ground with a wire bottom, surrounded by a tarp, and only big enough for them to move. Come to think of it, I saw some somewhere else. Maybe in with the chickens. I now know that if I put them in my chicken coop, they would have a better life than they do now. Too bad I know that they deserve better than I can give them. If I had a ton of money, I would build a nice enclosure for them. But I don't, so I can't, so I won't.
big_smile.png

Okay, all done confusing you.
C) It's PI day!!!! Today is 3.14 (March 14th)!!!!
Lucky you! it's been so cold again, the wee gang's waterer needs to be hacked at with a small crowbar 2ce a day. I do still have the one large heated waterer in the dome... it's snowing so hard, and blowing every which way... it's so nasty, the dog is refusing to go out.
I would love to have a pair of peafowl.

I forgot to count off all my eggs for the last few days, but I've gotten a bakers dozen in the last 3 days.

SEVEN
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
SEVEN ....Today We Laid SEVEN Eggs 7
D.gif
7 You Can Run....You Can Hide....But We All Know.........That Roger Lied.

....She Didn't Lay.......We Know Her Game.....Taking Credit For Our Eggs......Is Really Lame

Thanks, I will order an apron or three tonight or tomorrow.
I didn't get any special eggs today. I think the strong winds freaked them out. Even the normal layers were slacking off. Just 8. Okay, I am grinning. 8 is a good number in general. I now have 17 layers, though.
Bad news. DH's Great Aunt is living with me again. She is not very nice, and even got kicked out of assisted living because of her attitude. When she called, I hesitated, but what could I say? I will try to not let her get to me, but I can't be outright mean.
barnie.gif
Life stinks sometimes.
If you don't remember, she was kicked out of my house about six months ago for kicking ME out of the house in the middle of the night, and telling me to sleep in the coop. And, no. I have not forgiven my husband for hearing her say it, and letting it happen.
somad.gif
It was a cold cold night.

MC, you're a good person who knows what's more important... family can be difficult, but we need to look after those who need it most... and it sounds like she's hit bottom, maybe it will humble her a little... but don't let her arguments get to you if it doesn't... Spring is almost here, then you can spend the majority of your free time outside.

hugs.gif

MC, you're a good person who knows what's more important... family can be difficult, but we need to look after those who need it most... and it sounds like she's hit bottom, maybe it will humble her a little... but don't let her arguments get to you if it doesn't... Spring is almost here, then you can spend the majority of your free time outside.

hugs.gif
I wish! She is in her mid 90's, not housebroken(
lau.gif
I couldn't resist the terminology) can't cook more than toast, and needs to be watched in case she falls. When the nurses come to check on her, I am expected to know what pills she is on, dosages, if and when they were taken. Yes, I will spend a lot of time outside, but in spurts.
And I am not nice, I am a big bad biker bit**
hide.gif

Oh, and the bad part is that I now have 6 peeping chicks in my bedroom, and the dog is so anxious having the aunt here again, that he is barking. His barking keeps waking the chirpers.
gig.gif
I may make a third coop for bantams. Should I call the trikes or Spyders? FYI, the new trikes have two wheels in the front, and one in the back. They are called spyders. Since the bantams are so small, they are like toddlers needing tricycles. Get it?

I like Spyder Gang. as for your DH's Great Aunt... it's a burden you can handle. keep a note pad in a regular spot, and for helping to remember pills, I use the calendar feature on my cell phone. it chirps like a bird a few minutes before someone has to do or take something. this way, I don't have to remember on my own. there may come a time when a nursing home is appropriate... if she can only make toast, assisted living is too independent for her, she needs more help. we're here for you to vent whenever you need it!

Quote:
X2, love the look of the spyders, I saw the show where they were on TV with them, trying to outdo the other guys that trick them out. Makes you think of a cougar ready to pounce! DH and I both love bikes. I have the scars to prove it
gig.gif
wrecked 2 in my life, got away with a few broken bones.
MC, she sure sounds like a handful, you can come & vent for sure! Bottom line tho, its your home, stand your ground, she should not be disrespectful of you. My Dads that way to me a lot, we really get into some disagreements
rant.gif
he.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom