Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

they are a valuable commodity... retail, the cheapest is about $1 / oz and that is for the 32oz, drop to the 4.5 oz and you pay $7... the chickens go nuts for them, of course, so guarantee ya Wilma will want to hold Roger's position here, as meal worm counter.

lau.gif
I was just about to take a trip down south to get a dog, when I saw that the dog had been adopted. What is so funny is that Animallover just asked for the pup a few hours ago!

You are welcome. I really feel for you guys!
Better news ... Guess who began laying today? Midnight!!! The Ameraucana finally gave me an egg! I am sure it wasn't Cadbury because it was so blue compared to the other EE eggs. Besides, I don't expect Cadbury's to be too big with her problem. I am still hopeful that she will lay, though!
See how BLUE it is?
The non-feather legged bantam is a rooster. See the tail?
Anyone have ideas on breeds it could be?
Your eggs are beautiful! What, no white?!!
Can you tell the sex of the chick by the tail? My EEs had the same big legs and big tails and only one was a rooster. I could tell by the comb first. It might just be a breed that has a longer tail. My only idea for breed is still OEGB. If these were from the feed store, you could ask what hatchery they came from and check out what bantams are possible.

wow! lots to catch up on! winter isn't over here, it's snowing now... it was pouring the other day, and then it all froze. my yard looks like a skating rink.

W4W and JCH
hugs.gif
prayers coming from here too! it's never easy.

those serama chicks are so darn cute! love the tails! if Donut is a roo, y'all can start a little flock.

all the chick pics are so adorable... I'll just have to add more... Peach's baby is getting barring on it's wings. very silvery and it's legs are pinkish. have to wait a little longer to see for sure, but that's Sirus.

So pretty. Looks like a pea comb? I thought the legs looked like they had the dark wash (?), which in the BR world is more likely a girl.
You know you get to put two entries in the photo contest.
wink.png

No snow here! Everything's blooming. Upper 70s today.

hmmm, I'll have to got back through chick pics to look at the BR's legs. my memory is that they were yellow, and then developed a dark stripe down the front, more of a blackish green. I can still hope for a pullet... it's a very sweet chick nonetheless. and Peach is such a devoted Mum. maybe I will go to the feed store and pick up 2 chicks... but just 2.

MC, those eggs of yours are splendid! the colors are so beautiful, the Marans eggs are really deepening. I meant to say a few days ago, that at least with Blu, her eggs are different almost everyday. they are always close, but they range from khaki to medium olive. sometimes they are speckled, guess it's the second coat that is still not consistent. Peach's eggs also range from bright blue green to green. I haven't seen one of her eggs for over a month. if she starts laying again soon, I'll apron her up and put her with Si. let her hatch her own eggs.

MC, those eggs of yours are splendid! the colors are so beautiful, the Marans eggs are really deepening. I meant to say a few days ago, that at least with Blu, her eggs are different almost everyday. they are always close, but they range from khaki to medium olive. sometimes they are speckled, guess it's the second coat that is still not consistent. Peach's eggs also range from bright blue green to green. I haven't seen one of her eggs for over a month. if she starts laying again soon, I'll apron her up and put her with Si. let her hatch her own eggs.
Thank you. Seeing a real Ameraucana egg in MY coop about stunned me speechless! Sometimes I think I see a blue egg, but it is just shadows. To SEE it! It was obviously blue, and I kept telling myself to calm down. It was just my imagination. It is just so beautiful!!
love.gif
LOL. Can you tell I am happy?
Where did you buy your apron? Penny needs one still. She isn't getting any better, and I think I am a week or less from having to separate her.

hmmm, I'll have to got back through chick pics to look at the BR's legs. my memory is that they were yellow, and then developed a dark stripe down the front, more of a blackish green. I can still hope for a pullet... it's a very sweet chick nonetheless. and Peach is such a devoted Mum. maybe I will go to the feed store and pick up 2 chicks... but just 2.

I love the color, just precious!
love.gif

yippiechickie.gif
we had 4 chix eggs, 1 duck egg 00000
yippiechickie.gif
5! we laid 5 today
yippiechickie.gif
My WeeWee, favorite goose has become a killer ninja attack goose, not going near that nest
hide.gif
I took food and water to her, she finally drank a little but was actually hissing! She is pretty peeved, I guess i better let her keep a few a couple days. I may sneak and swap a few ready to hatch under her.
A high school friend of DH's has peafowl, lots of eggs. I have the chance to trade some of my turkey poults for eggs next week when they arrive.
Any thoughts, I am going to look them up, can you eat them....
gig.gif
JK, i think they are beautiful birds.
Wonder if you can eat the eggs tho...Seeing them selling on ebay as high as 90 bucks for 4 eggs
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom