Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Good grief, Roger! Really? No pie!!
The mailman was late yesterday, and I assumed no mail. I called the PO, and asked if my package was there. "No. No. No packages."
Are you suuuure? "Let me check. No, Abi. No packages."
Living in a small town, they know who you are. It really was a simple question. I know they will make you come pick up chicks. I know they will not let you know the chicks are there until the afternoon or next day. KNOWING this, I checked!
Guess who pulled up my drive, and hinked his horn today? The mailman. Said he left the box of eggs by the mailbox (in the pouring rain) last night. Thought I would notice it. Down the lane, and through the trees. Yeah. Right. He did seem to feel bad (he buys eggs from me now. Now he is nicer to me). I will candle in a few hours.
Five Blue CM, 4 BCM, 2 OE, 3 Splash Am, 3 Blu/Blk Am, and 3 Cuckoo Marans.

Midnight, my Black Ameraucana was off this morning. I looked at her, and saw green poo on her bottom. Sounds like Coccidiosis (or whatever it is called!) She is a day or two late with an egg. IDK if that is nothing, a symptom of her illness, or IS her illness, and she is egg bound.
I gave her a bath, and separated her. I may need to bring her in tonight. The lows the next few nights are going to be about 30*. She has only moved to my knowledge to get out of the towels. I really hope she is going to be okay.
My 2 EE (another pen) have not laid in about 2 weeks. They are annoying me. I KNOW that they are healthy.

WE HAVE 5 OUT OF 8 HATCHED TODAY!!!!

Sorry, excited :)

AWESOME......Glad for you. We can raise ours together
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom