Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by okallthis4eggs, May 25, 2012.

1. okallthis4eggs

okallthis4eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Kentucky

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  2. chirpingcricket

chirpingcricket Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Fairhope, AL
    :th Wow, bless her heart, err...toe! Goodness, well, there may be something to it.....just glad we got back from AK without incident......still, I'm thinking I need to stay in touch with you, just so I can keep an eye on her travel plans, heehee :lau Kinda spooky.....:/ Chirp

3. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    [​IMG] I think you're safe. They enjoyed the Bahamas, but won't be returning. It was really expensive there. Over a hundred bucks for a simple burger dinner for 4. She brought a suitcase of food, so they only ate out one meal a day. Since Hawaii is closer and has better diving they'll go there next time, so you are out of the path of danger. [​IMG]

4. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Oooooo, RK Broody is talkin' trash! She's taunting you, OK.

Bad RK Broody! No pie for you!

5. chirpingcricket

Apr 6, 2011
    Fairhope, AL

Ruh roh, DH always wanted to go to Hawaii....

I've been before, 3 weeks of paradise, but....now I think I'll persuade him to go somewhere else, heehee. Well anyway, it'll be a couple of years.

Geez, didn't know Bahamas were soo expensive. We do the tote our own food/snacks thing when we can, too.

We took those powdered drink mixes, tea, lemonade, etc. to AK with us. Tremendous help on costs of drinks, from the airports, trains, buses, hiking etc. We took our water bottles, empty of course, then would fill them up with water, add mix.... once cleared through secuirty etc.

It will be interesting to monitor your friend's travels and resulting weather formations. It's like you have your own personal weather forcaster. giggle. :lau Chirp

6. chirpingcricket

Apr 6, 2011
    Fairhope, AL
    Hey Cheeka, I sure would like to get some of those "pie" recipes you all make. They look great. Our birds would go bonkers over them....anyone have a minute or two to jot down the ingredients/layer/stacking/filling strategies???? Yumm yummm :pop Sure would appreciate the tips! Chirp

7. chirpingcricket

Apr 6, 2011
    Fairhope, AL
    What a bummer, so sorry. Chirp

8. chirpingcricket

Apr 6, 2011
    Fairhope, AL
    Really cool looking birds you got there, nice job! Chirp

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  9. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    good morning all! it's totally foggy this morning! more thunderstorms coming this afternoon... so it looks like we may not have free range today... we'll make it better with Pie...

Cricket, Pie can be made with anything you have on hand - I buy Ramen Noodles for the gang (Mylee likes it too...) but since I'm not allowed to eat it... it's great for Pie, they go crazy for the noodles like giant worms! I just put a brick of noodles in the bottom of a bucket, then put other stuff on top to hold it down a bit... stuff like feed, seeds (BOSS, millet, safflower...) or kitchen scraps - and fill the bucket with hot water. let it soak for 15 minutes or so... and the noodles are cooked, the feed is mushy the way they like it... and I pile it on a platter to serve, top with some of Mylee's unfinished fruit or cereal or more seeds.... then there are "dry" Pies, with mostly kitchen scraps... have some fun with it, the chickens Love them... and begin to expect them [​IMG] and will maul you whenever you come outside... [​IMG]

10. chirpingcricket

Apr 6, 2011
    Fairhope, AL
    Now that just sounds like fun! I've just been dumping things in a pile...I have not been a very good chicken Momma, heehee. :oops: This would also be a hoot to do when the nieces/nephews come over. Great ideas! Thanks, Chirp :jumpy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by