Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

she refused to take a nap this afternoon, or even have quiet time, so she's crashed hard now... at suppertime. she'll wake up at 7:30 or so, and be up til 11...
roll.png
I'll ask her what color egg she would lay when she gets up... betcha it's Pink!

Message from Ebay seller: "Yes sir I will be glad to split the order and instead of sending you 12 Heritage Delaware hatching eggs I will send you 6 Heritage Delaware and 6 Heritage Barred Rock hatching eggs" Please tell me I didn't read that right......
he.gif
and who changed the order? WTH

RK Broody hatched 7 out of 8

OK's box of hot air hatched 3 out of 4

The other egg is still in the bator. Watching it close. I removed the three chicks and gave them to RK Broody. She never batted a eye just took them right in. Her other egg is gone. I have no idea what happened to it. She may have pushed it out of the nest and the vultures (her roommates) ate it. So the count will be either 10 or 11 chicks depending on the one still in the incubator. We started with 12 eggs. It was like they were expecting me and the three chicks this afternoon. RK had them all out on the porch waiting when we walked in the coop. One by one I sat them on the porch while RK watched. They blended right in and there was no telling them from the others. RK went right to work teaching them how to eat and drink.

RK has started to grow back her feathers. If you look close at the pictures you can tell. I will move her into the broody coop tomorrow with her chicks where she can happily raise her chicks and grow feathers. I will post pictures from time to time to show her progress as well as the chicks. Glad her broody period is over and she can get back normal enjoying what a hen loves best eating and raising baby chicks.

Back
Top Bottom