Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

OK, they'd be known as Barred Islanders. because they'd be barred from ownership outside of your own flock...with her reputation, you couldn't even give them away!
hide.gif
I've noticed in my travels how there are so many similarities in landscape from state to state and even continent to continent. Long Island looks like many parts of France. New Hampshire looks like countryside in Germany... parts of Massachusetts are so similar to parts of LI that I would be so confused as to where the heck I was... but upstate NY has a different green hue to the grass, you can tell when you cross into the state from all directions... from Ohio, Mass, Vermont... it's funny, I would notice the color change, and within a mile or so, would hit the Welcome to NY sign. I've been to Kentucky once, and been through a few times. you're so right, especially southeast Kentucky seemed so familiar to me...

lindz, they are so cute, and look quite robust, good to hear that the cocci is abating, so scary - this morning, i thought I saw bloody poop, there were a few plops that were red. but on closer inspection, it looked like poorly digested dog food - which they did have the day before, courtesy of Rose, who beaked her way into the bag when I was carrying it to the house... spilled out at least a cup or two... and they all ate it. all the rest of the poo for the day looked totally normal...still feel like I dodged a bullet!

SBMom, been a while since we've heard from you too...! I say let her hatch, you have the climate on your side... if I could, I would. but I can't. so I won't.

Last edited:
Beautiful pics, Cheeka. Idyllic for riding.

Bad luck with the cockerel ratio, Lindz. They sure are cute, though!

gig.gif
Rhode Island Rogers! They should have some barring to keep the prison apparel look.

Turned in the papers for the kitty. Hopefully will hear from the rescue group soon. Spent some time petting her, so sweet and such a little skinny mini.

OK, they'd be known as Barred Islanders.  because they'd be barred from ownership outside of your own flock...with [COLOR=FF0000]her[/COLOR] reputation, you couldn't even give them away! :oops:     I've noticed in my travels how there are so many similarities in landscape from state to state and even continent to continent.  Long Island looks like many parts of France.  New Hampshire looks like countryside in Germany... parts of Massachusetts are so similar to parts of LI that I would be so confused as to where the heck I was... but upstate NY has a different green hue to the grass, you can tell when you cross into the state from all directions... from Ohio, Mass, Vermont... it's funny, I would notice the color change, and within a mile or so, would hit the Welcome to NY sign.  I've been to Kentucky once, and been through a few times.  you're so right, especially southeast Kentucky seemed so familiar to me...

lindz, they are so cute, and look quite robust, good to hear that the cocci is abating, so scary - this morning, i thought I saw bloody poop, there were a few plops that were red.  but on closer inspection, it looked like poorly digested dog food - which they did have the day before, courtesy of Rose, who beaked her way into the bag when I was carrying it to the house... spilled out at least a cup or two... and they all ate it.  all the rest of the poo for the day looked totally normal...still  feel like I dodged a bullet!

SBMom, been a while since we've heard from you too...!  I say let her hatch, you have the climate on your side... if I could, I would.  but I can't.  so I won't.

I'm alive! Just working my tail feathers off at my new job. Took over as the veterinary staff for a local no-kill shelter, and I'm fighting daily keeping kittens alive because previous management let upper respiratory run amuck, and now it's in the walls and ventalition.

I've got 3 chicks right now. Two frizzled bantams, I believe two pullets, and 1 blue Maran roo. They are 6/7 and 8/9 weeks old now I think. My flock is up to 17 including those three :) lol. I'm averaging 2 eggs a day :(. 1 rooster, and 7 under age. Moochers.

Todays PIE........Four dirty eggs
Over Ripe Cherry Tomatoes
Egg Shells
Lettuce
Fat Trimmed From Ham
and a Little Bit Of Scratch To Top It Off

If My Chickens Could Talk They Would Tell You How Awesome I Am

OK you are AWESOME!

SBmom welcome back! Poor kitties! It is so sad when management at shelters don't care about the animals. It makes it hard to save them! I have worked with a couple of rescue groups and it is always so rewarding but also very draining. Kudos to you!

I have to work on the coops and a quarantine area before the weekend.

W4W Yea! new kitty! the paperwork is so lengthy... so much red tape to wade through, but it's so worth it! glad you're getting her!

SBMom, you're fighting the good fight... you will prevail, but dang! you've got a lot of work ahead of you, wish I could help - I'm turning into a right ole cleaning machine!

OK... we all know it.
cool.png

11 Weeks and right on cue... this little guy crowed today for the first time! he has a LF crow too which is very interesting, he's a bantam. we'll see how it develops, but he sounds exactly like all my other LF boys when they started. top photo is the same pullet as the one in the center of the second, just love her, she let me hold her today - she couldn't find Peach and was upset... I carried her around to where the rest were, she's wonderful......

when free range was over, the banty boys put away, dome occupants settled in... the other birds made their own choices, and with the exception of the little marans pullet, they all went where I intended to put them. little mind readers! I left the pullet with Peach and Sillie. this will be good for the little boys, the new girls are quite... huge... and will keep them in line easily, and the boys will teach them how to roost. Peach has a very low roost and one at mid height, I"m hoping she roosts with Sillie. I'm heading back out in a few to see what's what... but I collected 9 Eggs today - without one from any new layer or Peach... would have been nice to have a double digit day... been ages.

had to put Sillie up on the roost, she settled in next to Peach, the pullet was on the other side, if she falls off, she's out of luck... in the next space, the boys were roosting on the roof pole and 3 out of 4 cochins were roosting on the mid level. 1 was fussing about on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom