Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I was not a good chicken mama today. I let them out this morning and didn't go back out til feeding time this evening and then it to put them up. ... I have been yucky feeling all day and just couldn't do it. I didn't work on a new quarantine pen either. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

hope you feel better, sometimes we all just need a day to catch up on getting some rest. life in general can be so stressful, always go go go...

I took a tour after dark to check on the new arrangements. all is peaceful and quiet - Sillie is perched perfectly and the 4th cochin is perched on the feed dish. thankfully, nose in... She may earn top spot in the flock for Drama. she's gorgeous, super fluffy, well feathered feet and a stink eye that just comes naturally...

SIX
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
SIX.......Today We Laid SIX Eggs

7 BIG eggs and 2 itty bitty Serama eggs today.
yippiechickie.gif
Hard boiled a bowlful of Serama eggs. Peel and pop into your mouth whole. The smaller ones are about grape sized. Yummy.

Good to hear from you, Reina! Looks like you've got a future chicken farmer there. Both my boys like holding the chickens. I wonder if anyone uses them for therapy animals.

Cheeka, that Marans is sweet looking and the Cochins are beauts, Can't wait to see how they look grown and rounded out.

Lindz, hope you have a better day tomorrow. No fun feeling crummy. I've been fighting some minor sinus thing for 2 weeks now.
tongue.gif

SBMom, congrats on the new job! Fingers crossed for kittens.

You are absolutely the best chicken dad in the world, OK! (I would have said that even if she had not demanded that I post it! Pretty sure she's got a laptop stashed out in the coop somewhere.)

Anyone heard from Sally? Are you out there Sally?

Wait it out, my road island reds surprised me and laid tiny eggs for 3weeks and then produced 3inch eggs. With eggs like this the wait is worth it.

brents ~ Welome! and Congratulations!!! you'll find that young pullets can lay some serious whoppers! I got lots and lots of double yolks and even 1 triple... those are beautiful eggs, if you want, take photos of them as you crack them... might be a double yolk in one of those big'uns...

ugh, just got home, longest day in months... I had it pretty good over the summer, but looks like the easy days are gone til Spring... Peach laid today, and only 3 others, now I have moochers...4 Eggs...
hmm.png

I may have found someone to process Carl. I posted a pic and a plea on fb... customary pay for the job, keep the cape and come for dinner... lol...

my Aunt Frankie, such a fun wild lady... has named one of my banty roosters Sampson, (the one who crowed yesterday...) and she wants him. I can just imagine... she'd get one of those pink bags the starlets carry their itty bitty dogs in... and take him everywhere... she's got a great country home in Hiawassi (sp) GA, could use a cute little rooster up there... we'll see...

it's raining, but not hard... I have to go out in a bit and put Sillie on the roost... and grab Peachy's egg...

Back
Top Bottom