Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

lol.png
MC, hard to beat farm humor! Some things I don't want explained.... like, aren't milk cows really tall?
idunno.gif
So how could..... ? Yeah, never mind!

Cheeka, wonderful that you help out your friend like that, especially after the rotten day you had. I can understand she'd be upset; it's hard to see young people die before their time. We had a terrible thing happen in town on Monday. A 13 yr old boy carrying a bb gun (that looked like an assault weapon) was killed by a sheriff's deputy. Kid was just walking down the street to play at a friend's house and did not immediately drop the gun as ordered. I think he was just turning around to see who was yelling at him, and they took it as a threat and shot him 7 times. Whole incident took less than 30 seconds. My sympathies usually lie with law enforcement, but I just can't reconcile this one. It's really bad. Kids in our neighborhood play with those bb guns, my boys included. They don't even shoot metal bbs, only plastic ones. We've always made sure they followed our rules, like keeping the orange tips on the toy guns and what to do in a situation involving the law, but I never thought they wouldn't be given a chance. It's a very different world from when we were kids.

Got 6 beautiful eggs day before yesterday. I was surprised because it looked like the girls had had a huge pillow fight in the coop- feathers all over! Serious molting going on. Then only one egg yesterday and today, 2 so far. Poor girls look so ratty, but they are enjoying their high protein cat food, so I have hopes for a beautiful future.

Speaking of cat food, I did get that sweet little cat last week. She's pretty shy, so no pics yet, and she had to go to the vet yesterday for a tooth extraction (that had been previously set up with the rescue group). Well, apparently the poor kitty does not have good teeth, because they pulled practically all of them out!! Said they were dead and loose. All her canines are gone!!
hit.gif
Good thing we planned on her being an indoor cat. I was calling her Ming, but maybe we'll have to change her name to Gummy.
hmm.png
I'll get some pics after the swelling goes down. She's really very cute.
I hope there is footage of the kid getting gunned down. This needs some serious consideration. I hate the term "assault weapon". I can tell a BB gun from a firearm and I am not law enforcement. Must have been dark. Never let a kid have any kind of gun outside after dark. I can't imagine living with a mistake like that.

highfive.gif
MC
gig.gif
for sure... some things you just can't explain...

rough day here so the laugh was great! my car broke down this morning, had to do my route in my enormous truck so.... I hate using it for mail. fuel pump went. just what I don't need... it's always so expensive, why can't I ever have a simple fix like a belt or loose wire... so while i'm struggling along working, and on the phone with my mechanic, I get a beep... it's my elderly friend, so I know I have to call her as soon as I get off this call. usually, she's very dramatic about small things, she's a worrier... but this time, it was no little matter and it was very sad. a young man she's known for his entire life committed suicide last night. she's distraught. I took a break during my route, when I got to her place for delivery, I stopped in for about a half hour. then I went back after work for a little while and did her checkbook balance with her statement, she's always worried about her money, but she's fine, and I got all her bills organized so I can help her write out the checks tomorrow after work. see if she needs anything from the market, cuz I need a few things, it would be good to get her out of the house for a few hours. anyway, by the time I got home, it was getting late, but I gave the gang about 45 min of free range, collected 5 Eggs (all green) and lured them back in with a nice hot oatmeal and scratch Pie.
Hope the fuel pump is not in the gas tank. Probably is and those are expensive repairs. Roger said to tell you she will loan you her car if you need it. She still has the one that the dog pulls. I need to find that picture for the new people who joined us

Hope the fuel pump is not in the gas tank. Probably is and those are expensive repairs. Roger said to tell you she will loan you her car if you need it. She still has the one that the dog pulls. I need to find that picture for the new people who joined us

Yes, cause I missed that! That is AWESOME!

Last edited:
W4W, that's distressful news. that poor child. his family... the officer that needs to live with this forever. from a distance, bb guns can look questionable... I have a little daisy buck, and it's been mistaken for a sawed off shotgun from a distance.
hmm.png

I'm so happy you got little Ming, and as long as she still has molars, she can crunch away at anything... I have 2 different friends each with fangless cats. both elderly tho' and they take on kibble like nobody's business! she'll be just fine... looking forward to seeing pictures soon!

between the car, the furnace and the dentist, I spent $1660 today. with the 5 Eggs I collected, I would have to sell them for $332 each to break even.

I would love to do something really kooky on my route... I learned how to drive a buggy a few years ago, thought it would be fun to deliver the mail on Christmas Eve with horse and buggy... and nice bells... Imagine me and Roger cruising down Flat Creek Road in her car... We'd make headlines.

I hope there is footage of the kid getting gunned down. This needs some serious consideration. I hate the term "assault weapon". I can tell a BB gun from a firearm and I am not law enforcement. Must have been dark. Never let a kid have any kind of gun outside after dark. I can't imagine living with a mistake like that.
Don't know if the squad car had a dash cam, nothing's been said yet. The officers never moved from behind the car doors until they went to handcuff the child laying on the ground and call an ambulance. It was 3:00 in the afternoon. I heard the sirens heading out in response to the shooting while waiting for my boy near his high school. It happened in a "bad" part of town on a rural edge that's had some gang problems. There weren't any witnesses. Not many people around that time of day.

The Airsoft guns my boys have are made to look like the real thing, part of the attraction for them. I can see how a mistake could be made about a gun from a distance, but not the need for lethal force against a kid standing at the edge of an empty field. Could have been one of mine.

W4W, that's distressful news. that poor child. his family... the officer that needs to live with this forever. from a distance, bb guns can look questionable... I have a little daisy buck, and it's been mistaken for a sawed off shotgun from a distance.
hmm.png

I'm so happy you got little Ming, and as long as she still has molars, she can crunch away at anything... I have 2 different friends each with fangless cats. both elderly tho' and they take on kibble like nobody's business! she'll be just fine... looking forward to seeing pictures soon!

between the car, the furnace and the dentist, I spent $1660 today. with the 5 Eggs I collected, I would have to sell them for $332 each to break even.
Luckily, she still has a few molars left, so I'm hopeful about the crunchy food. She gets only soft food for 2 weeks to let things heal up. It's going to spoil her for sure.
Do those fangless cats go around with their tongues hanging out?
tongue.png
I'll get pics soon. Maybe one of her clinging to the side of the parakeet cage!

The dentist too?! You've had an expensive week. But if things come in threes, you should be ok for a while. The total to repair hubby's car from hitting the deer is huge. $7400! Thankfully, we have good insurance. Too bad insurance doesn't cover mechanical problems like fuel pumps.

Last edited:
The Airsoft guns my boys have are made to look like the real thing, part of the attraction for them.  I can see how a mistake could be made about a gun from a distance, but not the need for lethal force against a kid standing at the edge of an empty field.  Could have been one of mine.

I've seen some of those guns, I think if yours have them it would be wise to get them cases for them, if they take them anywhere.

Got 8 eggs early this morning. Will go back later for more (I got 15 yesterday)

Back
Top Bottom