Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Couldn't get a pic of 2nd silkie hen, she was nesting in the corner and little spitfire roo was standing guard.

Reina, nice pics, chicks are adorable, and the silkies are really cool

I only got 4 Eggs today. 3 cream, no roundish BR eggs... and one more tiny brown. they are so cute. Peach skipped and she was hopping mad at me that I wouldn't let her out for some grass. I got home too late. so I ripped up some grass blades, clover and these nice leafy green weedy things that I know she loves... and she was better, but dang... I couldn't believe it. she was literally hopping.

Reina, nice pics, chicks are adorable, and the silkies are really cool

I only got 4 Eggs today. 3 cream, no roundish BR eggs... and one more tiny brown. they are so cute. Peach skipped and she was hopping mad at me that I wouldn't let her out for some grass. I got home too late. so I ripped up some grass blades, clover and these nice leafy green weedy things that I know she loves... and she was better, but dang... I couldn't believe it. she was literally hopping.

Poor Peach! LOL.... careful, or Wilma will have her converted, and then you will really be in trouble!

A farmer was sitting in the neighborhood bar getting drunk. A man came in and asked the farmer, "Hey, why are you sitting here on this beautiful day, getting drunk?" The farmer shook his head and replied, "Some things you just can't explain."

"So what happened that's so horrible?" the man asked as he sat down next to the farmer.

"Well," the farmer said, "today I was sitting by my cow, milking her. Just as I got the bucket full, she lifted her left leg and kicked over the bucket."

"Okay," said the man, "but that's not so bad." "Some things you just can't explain," the farmer replied. "So what happened then?" the man asked. The farmer said, "I took her left leg and tied it to the post on the left."

"And then?"

"Well, I sat back down and continued to milk her. Just as I got the bucket full, she took her right leg and kicked over the bucket."

The man laughed and said, "Again?" The farmer replied, "Some things you just can't explain."
"So, what did you do then?" the man asked.

"I took her right leg this time and tied it to the post on the right."
"And then?"

"Well, I sat back down and began milking her again. Just as I got the bucket full, the stupid cow knocked over the bucket with her tail."

"Hmmm," the man said and nodded his head. "Some things you just can't explain," the farmer said.

"So, what did you do?" the man asked.

"Well," the farmer said, "I didn't have anymore rope, so I took off my belt and tied her tail to the rafter. In that moment, my pants fell down and my wife walked in.....

A farmer was sitting in the neighborhood bar getting drunk. A man came in and asked the farmer, "Hey, why are you sitting here on this beautiful day, getting drunk?" The farmer shook his head and replied, "Some things you just can't explain."

"So what happened that's so horrible?" the man asked as he sat down next to the farmer.

"Well," the farmer said, "today I was sitting by my cow, milking her. Just as I got the bucket full, she lifted her left leg and kicked over the bucket."

"Okay," said the man, "but that's not so bad." "Some things you just can't explain," the farmer replied. "So what happened then?" the man asked. The farmer said, "I took her left leg and tied it to the post on the left."

"And then?"

"Well, I sat back down and continued to milk her. Just as I got the bucket full, she took her right leg and kicked over the bucket."

The man laughed and said, "Again?" The farmer replied, "Some things you just can't explain."
"So, what did you do then?" the man asked.

"I took her right leg this time and tied it to the post on the right."
"And then?"

"Well, I sat back down and began milking her again. Just as I got the bucket full, the stupid cow knocked over the bucket with her tail."

"Hmmm," the man said and nodded his head. "Some things you just can't explain," the farmer said.

"So, what did you do?" the man asked.

"Well," the farmer said, "I didn't have anymore rope, so I took off my belt and tied her tail to the rafter. In that moment, my pants fell down and my wife walked in.....
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

highfive.gif
MC
gig.gif
for sure... some things you just can't explain...

rough day here so the laugh was great! my car broke down this morning, had to do my route in my enormous truck so.... I hate using it for mail. fuel pump went. just what I don't need... it's always so expensive, why can't I ever have a simple fix like a belt or loose wire... so while i'm struggling along working, and on the phone with my mechanic, I get a beep... it's my elderly friend, so I know I have to call her as soon as I get off this call. usually, she's very dramatic about small things, she's a worrier... but this time, it was no little matter and it was very sad. a young man she's known for his entire life committed suicide last night. she's distraught. I took a break during my route, when I got to her place for delivery, I stopped in for about a half hour. then I went back after work for a little while and did her checkbook balance with her statement, she's always worried about her money, but she's fine, and I got all her bills organized so I can help her write out the checks tomorrow after work. see if she needs anything from the market, cuz I need a few things, it would be good to get her out of the house for a few hours. anyway, by the time I got home, it was getting late, but I gave the gang about 45 min of free range, collected 5 Eggs (all green) and lured them back in with a nice hot oatmeal and scratch Pie.

It is getting COLD here! Below freezing temps expected tonight! I finally let Clarabelle and the babies out for a little bit this evening. It was a little hectic because I had to make sure to stay between them and the other chickens. Rogue did go up to check them out, and Clarabelle ducked and ran.... She did stand up to the other girls though. She has lost alot of weight, and the 3 BCM boys are almost as heavy as she is!!!! She didn't do the greatest job at keeping them together, and left one inside the coop, then went in and left the others outside.... Definitely can't let them out without being able to stay right there. They did seem to enjoy it, but only stayed out about 15 minutes.

lol.png
MC, hard to beat farm humor! Some things I don't want explained.... like, aren't milk cows really tall?
idunno.gif
So how could..... ? Yeah, never mind!

Cheeka, wonderful that you help out your friend like that, especially after the rotten day you had. I can understand she'd be upset; it's hard to see young people die before their time. We had a terrible thing happen in town on Monday. A 13 yr old boy carrying a bb gun (that looked like an assault weapon) was killed by a sheriff's deputy. Kid was just walking down the street to play at a friend's house and did not immediately drop the gun as ordered. I think he was just turning around to see who was yelling at him, and they took it as a threat and shot him 7 times. Whole incident took less than 30 seconds. My sympathies usually lie with law enforcement, but I just can't reconcile this one. It's really bad. Kids in our neighborhood play with those bb guns, my boys included. They don't even shoot metal bbs, only plastic ones. We've always made sure they followed our rules, like keeping the orange tips on the toy guns and what to do in a situation involving the law, but I never thought they wouldn't be given a chance. It's a very different world from when we were kids.

Got 6 beautiful eggs day before yesterday. I was surprised because it looked like the girls had had a huge pillow fight in the coop- feathers all over! Serious molting going on. Then only one egg yesterday and today, 2 so far. Poor girls look so ratty, but they are enjoying their high protein cat food, so I have hopes for a beautiful future.

Speaking of cat food, I did get that sweet little cat last week. She's pretty shy, so no pics yet, and she had to go to the vet yesterday for a tooth extraction (that had been previously set up with the rescue group). Well, apparently the poor kitty does not have good teeth, because they pulled practically all of them out!! Said they were dead and loose. All her canines are gone!!
hit.gif
Good thing we planned on her being an indoor cat. I was calling her Ming, but maybe we'll have to change her name to Gummy.
hmm.png
I'll get some pics after the swelling goes down. She's really very cute.

It is getting COLD here! Below freezing temps expected tonight! I finally let Clarabelle and the babies out for a little bit this evening. It was a little hectic because I had to make sure to stay between them and the other chickens. Rogue did go up to check them out, and Clarabelle ducked and ran.... She did stand up to the other girls though. She has lost alot of weight, and the 3 BCM boys are almost as heavy as she is!!!! She didn't do the greatest job at keeping them together, and left one inside the coop, then went in and left the others outside.... Definitely can't let them out without being able to stay right there. They did seem to enjoy it, but only stayed out about 15 minutes.

Very cute! You don't usually have to worry about a rooster harming chicks. Older hens will be the trouble makers. Any more signs of respiratory problems?

Very cute! You don't usually have to worry about a rooster harming chicks. Older hens will be the trouble makers. Any more signs of respiratory problems?

Yea thats what I thought and the reason I let him by me.... He was ok for a minute, but then grabbed one and stepped on another. I am definitely not going to keep him around much longer. Clarabelle didn't even try to run him off, but then he is probably 5x her size too. He has started mating the girls, much to their distress! He grabs their head while they try to run from him, but he is so much bigger that he gets his way.
hu.gif

So far everyone seems to be doing MUCH better with the respiratory stuff!

Back
Top Bottom