Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Here's Eyore and Demi ill try but don't know if ill succeed!!!
[/URL]

You did it! No need to apologize about being confusing. Confused is getting to be a regular state for me!
Is this the color he will be as an adult, or will he change? Ours was the classic peacock blue.

And yes, I have 2 EEs and one Ameraucana. Cheeka is the one with so many EEs, all gorgeous colors. The eggs are really pretty too. EEs are not as friendly as some other breeds, though individuals can vary. Also. EEs are not really a breed, but crosses with Ameraucanas, and are not the correct colors for feathers or legs so cannot be shown. If you like EEs and want blue eggs, Ameraucanas are a good option if you want to show.

Last edited:
Yay!!! I did it when I was taking pix dem bit the camera! Crazy thing! I get confused a lot to. He will definitely change he's just not mature at all yet. 7 moths old 29 more to go until he s mature! :) it is a pied pea so he'll heave more white on him than usual. Almost all of his back feathers will change to blue/green but he'll keep some rusty colored feathers. Thanks about the EEs! I want to see some blue eggs! Ill have to ask cheeka about the EEs. Thanks! Eyore can wait awhile.its freezing here so I really don't want to go outside to get a pic of him. The calendar says its spring here but I don't believe it. Ill look around at the auction for how do you spell it ameraucanas? And another pea. Gotta make sure it's a hen!!! So if I find one what should I name it???? It's like choosing a baby name!! So hard! ;)

4 eggs, one of the RIR and Blu didn't lay today. either 1 RIR isn't laying or they are alternating days... I pulverized some stale almonds, and mixed it with applesauce. Peach and her chick loved it, the chick had lots of fun walking in it and getting yucky feet. the batch for the dome was devoured by the Big's. I tried to shoo them off and let the Wee's have some, but the Wee's were afraid and the Big's wanted it. so... I put it in the middle and left with my eggs.

another long week ahead, but I'm ready for it. still have a few loads of laundry left to bang out tonight, but the house is clean and organized. I can maintain it for the week pretty easily. I have a short day Saturday, so I can really get ready for the families arrival. I have to do a big grocery shopping trip. I need to stash away a couple of the baby carrots. Mylee loves them, and will eat the one right out of the meal worm tank if she can get her fingers around it!

W4W so sorry about your BIL.

We have 5 layers now. Not the one I previously thought. She's had many issues and is sadly not much longer for this world. It's her hatch sister, and she was so proud she gloated for the longest time. Of course we still only got 4 eggs, but the day isn't over!

hi Peacock, here's a pic of one of my double yolk'ers. made into pancakes... this was last October.

this is my current color palette. at the end of April, I will have 13 more EE's laying, hopefully a whole array of green and blue.

I'm very fond of EE's. I love my BR's, don't get me wrong... I plan to have Good Shepherd Heritage line of Barred Rocks by Spring of 2014. EE's are so cool. I love the tinted eggs, and I really love the hawk-like look of their big fluffy heads and faces. few have wattles and the pea comb helps reduce frostbite... my cold climate requires hardy, cold tolerant critters. mine as a whole, are friendly... enough... they aren't "cuddly" but they get along together and get along with the other chicken breeds I have. I can stroke their feathers as they eat from my hand, or eat at my feet... or as they pass by... I can certainly catch one and hold it if need be to inspect for overall condition... for the most part, they don't flap, not even when I'm putting them back down. It can't be all "luck" to have 25 chilled out birds from 3 different places... I have a very mellow approach. I speak softly, walk slowly, handle gently...
pretty much... an EE means variety. to be an EE is to lay a wide variety of colored eggs, including brown, pink, green; ranging from mint to olive, and blue, also in many shades, but to not fit an accepted SOP (standard of perfection) of a particular breed like Araucana or Ameraucana. EE's have feather colors and patterns that aren't accepted as true to breed, but are so exquisite ~ the favorite line of the EE bragger's thread is "Easter Egger's are like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're going to get" It's so true... you never know how they will feather out from chicks... or what color egg they will lay. I think that mystery adds to the fun.

Just got back (9:30pm) from visiting grandma and grandpa up north and was nervous about the mob not being locked up properly, but all was well and 8 eggs for the day were waiting to be collected.

We had some very sad news today. My husband's BIL (sister's husband) died this afternoon. He had been struggling with pneumonia for months, but two days ago was informed that he also had lung cancer. We think he just let go at this news, which was no surprise to him. Just a few days before, the focus was on rehab and recovery, so his wife is quite stunned. Very sad; he was a nice gentleman and will be missed. Love the ones you're with.
Sorry for your loss friend.

Time to go check on my knuckleheads. Should be on the roost trying to rip each others head off about now. They will stop when it gets too dark to see. Roger faked going broody the other night. I found her in one of the nest boxes sitting on five eggs after it got dark. Had me fooled. She stayed there all night. Couldn't believe it. Next day I had five poopy eggs and a nest half full of poop. Roger had rejoined the flock. She has been moved back to "meat bird" status.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom