yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
SEVEN......Today We Laid SEVEN Eggs......and one Goof Ball
D.gif
o

OK - get the stick on fingernail designs from the dollar store. I'm sure they'll stick really nice to feathers!
gig.gif

while you're there, pick up some neon green nail polish, or better yet, the purple with the glitter in it... so you can do their talons. Roger's Marilyn Monroe birthmark can be made with a Sharpee marker, right on the side of her beak. over in the party aisle, you can get Mardi Gras beads...
I might take her with me to the Dollar Store. She is not barred out of there yet. But give her time.

I have seen the booties/shoes. Very cute. Maybe I will order a pair when I get my saddle with a D ring for walking the chicken.
Have you guys forgotten about lipstick on the vent (trying to not think of the many jokes that makes me think of) Use a different color for each chicken. Then PLEASE throw it away!!
Did you guys see the chicken tiara that Sally Sunshine posted?

hi aggiemay! be patient... try pie... lol, it's coming, any time within the next hour through the next couple of weeks... it's an exciting time, and all you can do it wait... but it's so worth it!

anyway, good morning! found a Wilma egg in the nest first thing! so, it will be an interesting afternoon, I will be home early today, thank goodness! I should find at least 2 more eggs later on!
follow up on my 9/12 post about Lela the reluctant Wellsummer...she finally started laying at 10 months old in the first week of February 1213. She lays specked chocolate brown eggs every second day and each is more bigger and more beautiful that the one before. ..

We are down to four hens and have been consistently we get 3 eggs one day and four then next. Two dozen last week. We only had one today though. I think it's because are having a pool installed and today the yard was being dug up. The hens love helping with the digging but they are pretty distressed by all the noise.

Last edited:
Hi Sally! nice to hear from you again! Congrats on the new layers, and I agree with MC, lipstick on the vent... dollar store stuff... cuz lipstick is crazy expensive.

aggiemae, also nice to hear from you again too! glad she finally started laying! got any pics of the speckled eggs?

I had such a day yesterday... thought I broke a leaf spring on my car, the rear passenger side was sitting very low, hiding the top of my tire. there was some good weight in the car from parcels... but it had me worried... I stayed away from the "drop off lips" on the side of the road, so I wouldn't bottom out, or make it worse... made it a bit longer of a day, had to use an extension pole to do lots of deliveries... (you know... those "grab it" sticks that help you reach things...) I'm good with the stick, but if it takes an extra 15 seconds or so for each box that I have to use it on... after a few hundred boxes, I've added 20 minutes or so... not terrible. so I stopped at my service shop after. I just expected him to take a quick look, and I would use my crazy big truck for the rest of the week. nope. he took my car in immediately. springs aren't broken, but it sure is riding low. need struts, and he did that and put these little blocks in my springs to lift the car and stiffen the ride. (cheap cheat...) and he changed the oil, so I don't have to return on Saturday for that appointment. he's the best mechanic... he's honest, and super reliable, and he always takes care of me so fast... he knows I need my vehicle... but still... amazing! but that meant I didn't get home til almost 6. it was so so nice... warm, a bit breezy... and there's still snow all over the place, but there are melted areas, especially around trees... but the gang was happy to stay inside, and have applesauce.

so. i figured out some of the social stuff going on in the dome. yes, the Wee's were everywhere, on the Big's roost, in their nests... it seems that the Big's retaliated by forcing them to stay inside the coops during the day, leaving the entire dome available only for the Big's. when I brought out the snack, the Big's would chase any Wee's back inside a coop the instant one stepped out. I was able to make several piles of snack, (BOSS n' Sauce) and the Wee's were able to hold down one corner of the dome so they could eat. Si ate with them, and they didn't mind his presence.

7 eggs yesterday... 6 new and 1 from the day before that I couldn't reach.

Glad your car is okay.
I may have mentioned that someone has taken to laying her eggs in the roosting room behind the tarp (which I am assuming she is responsible for tearing down). Some of the other girls have taken to laying in that area too.
Well, I was so preoccupied this morning I didn't notice someone was missing in the nesting room where I serve FF. I checked for eggs (anyone else get a jolt when they are bent over, turn around, and come eye to eye with a chicken in the nest box?) looked for the bloody girl(s) or boy that is bleeding on my feeder (Red is gone, so it isn't him this time), and tried to figure out when would be best to trim Cadbury's beak.
As I was walking out, I looked at the tarp, and it hadn't been moved, so I assumed there were no eggs back there. Then I decided to look.
th.gif
Baby the BR was back there!! She said, "What?" I asked, "What are you doing back there?" "Laying an egg!" I thought she may be going broody, and hiding eggs. That is unlikely ... right? Anyway, I asked her if that was it, and she said, "Roger told me to do it!"
somad.gif
Not funny, Roger!

Okay so I have eleven chickens total...( chicken math) and the first seven didn't happen in one day. S I got one today that looks like a double Yolker looking one again. Should I be worried about that? Anywho I noticed two of my girls jumping in and out of the same box today. So when I noticed the egg it could have been either one of them. I swear they mess with me ...these guys are so friggen sweet that I visit them multiple times through the day.

Cheeka glad you have an honest mechanic. It's great when you find someone that you can rely on for those types of things. Knowing nothing about my car I worried all the time if I was being taken advantage of.

I feel weird about lip sticking my chickens.....it sounds wrong in so many ways. If I food color them I don't have to dye them for Easter right? Lol.

Anyways I'm thinking of just hooking up a camera in there lol...crazy right? I was worried today when I noticed the one girl in there..she wasn't one of my suspects but who knows. I think I'm getting three different shades of brown right now...so maybe three laying?

I received my aprons/saddles today. Penny was pretty good about me putting it on. But today I see that she is missing feathers on her wings now. Is that because she was so bare on her back that his feet were slipping?

Back
Top Bottom