Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

It's official.......less than one week and Roger has been tossed in jail with Little Roger. Apparently the devil got up on the wrong side of the bed. So I turned on the light this morning and as always little Roger came charging out of the nest box and bum rushed the feeder. (That's what it has been taught so it knows no better). On the other side of the coop big broodys three chicks came out to see what all of the excitement was about. They were really in no hurry and are a much more civilized group. I guess you could say they have been "brought up right" even tho they are only a week old. (It starts early you know). Big broodys chicks seemed excited to see little Roger. (Why I don't know) but they looked like kids seeing a playmate at the playground. So they wiggled and wobbled. Shook off a couple times and went over to join little Roger for breakfast. At that point something snapped inside the devils brain and she began to attack the big broodys chicks one by one. She chased each one until it was cornered then began pecking it when she had it trapped in a corner. Construction of the jail began one minute later. The first inmate was booked into the new facility about 9 minutes later. Little Roger was the second inmate. A much lesser offense. "Guilty by association" was the charge for Little Roger . Why did I know it would turn out like this? That poor kid.

It's official.......less than one week and Roger has been tossed in jail with Little Roger. Apparently the devil got up on the wrong side of the bed. So I turned on the light this morning and as always little Roger came charging out of the nest box and bum rushed the feeder. (That's what it has been taught so it knows no better). On the other side of the coop big broodys three chicks came out to see what all of the excitement was about. They were really in no hurry and are a much more civilized group. I guess you could say they have been "brought up right" even tho they are only a week old. (It starts early you know). Big broodys chicks seemed excited to see little Roger. (Why I don't know) but they looked like kids seeing a playmate at the playground. So they wiggled and wobbled. Shook off a couple times and went over to join little Roger for breakfast. At that point something snapped inside the devils brain and she began to attack the big broodys chicks one by one. She chased each one until it was cornered then began pecking it when she had it trapped in a corner. Construction of the jail began one minute later. The first inmate was booked into the new facility about 9 minutes later. Little Roger was the second inmate. A much lesser offense. "Guilty by association" was the charge for Little Roger . Why did I know it would turn out like this? That poor kid.
Already being embarrassed by Mom. Poor thing.

MC, I love those super dark eggs!
fl.gif
good hatch good hatch good hatch ... !

Cherry has been back in with the flock for 2 days. I'm not expecting miracles, but any one have any idea when she may start laying again?

And any suggestions to help put weight back on her?

cool kian! they are all adorable!

OK, you're joking? well, it's Roger. so I guess you're not...

I'm babysitting... here is my Charge:

eating one of my small pullet eggs that I hard boiled. he loved it!

: http://youtu.be/oi9HUnw3LcA
a shaky wild video of the gang devouring a sandwich... enjoy
Loved the video and oh my, is that an african gray? Beautiful!!!!!!!

Quote: Congrats to you both!!!

Good grief, Roger! Really? No pie!!
The mailman was late yesterday, and I assumed no mail. I called the PO, and asked if my package was there. "No. No. No packages."
Are you suuuure? "Let me check. No, Abi. No packages."
Living in a small town, they know who you are. It really was a simple question. I know they will make you come pick up chicks. I know they will not let you know the chicks are there until the afternoon or next day. KNOWING this, I checked!
Guess who pulled up my drive, and hinked his horn today? The mailman. Said he left the box of eggs by the mailbox (in the pouring rain) last night. Thought I would notice it. Down the lane, and through the trees. Yeah. Right. He did seem to feel bad (he buys eggs from me now. Now he is nicer to me). I will candle in a few hours.
Five Blue CM, 4 BCM, 2 OE, 3 Splash Am, 3 Blu/Blk Am, and 3 Cuckoo Marans.

UGH
fl.gif
hopefully they hatch with no probs

SBMom, JCH gave good advice... lots of protein and a little fat, I might pulverize some brazil nuts and mix with feed, very high protein and good fats.

OK,
hu.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif

JCH, yes that is an African Grey. he is ...
hmm.png
... named Bird. He's only 8, & he talks quite a bit. He's a bit camera shy... really... he does so much more stuff when the camera is down. and I tried to get a video of him, but he just sat there.

Back
Top Bottom