Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

JC Nice to see you
smile.png
. How is the processing going? My father keeps asking me to raise him some meat birds. I just can't do that....yet. For some reason I want a turkey BAD though, I don't even eat Turkey but I love to cook it.

Cheeka, how was the fair?

Did I mention my husband has poison Ivy? He is just getting over it and thinking tonight he might do some work outside on the coop before 'camping' with my son .

SBMom did you find out who laid? Was it the maran? I hope so!

JC Nice to see you
smile.png
. How is the processing going? My father keeps asking me to raise him some meat birds. I just can't do that....yet. For some reason I want a turkey BAD though, I don't even eat Turkey but I love to cook it.

Cheeka, how was the fair?

Did I mention my husband has poison Ivy? He is just getting over it and thinking tonight he might do some work outside on the coop before 'camping' with my son .

SBMom did you find out who laid? Was it the maran? I hope so!

Just heard about this stuff from a fellow BYCer who swears by it (used in conjunction with Tecnu). My dad has ordered some and will test it out the next time he tackles cutting firewood.

http://www.amazon.com/Hylands-Poison-Ivy-Tablets-Pack/dp/B001EPQ9QY

We sent a man to the moon so a cure for poison ivy shouldn't be out of reach!

JC Nice to see you
smile.png
. How is the processing going? My father keeps asking me to raise him some meat birds. I just can't do that....yet. For some reason I want a turkey BAD though, I don't even eat Turkey but I love to cook it. Cheeka, how was the fair? Did I mention my husband has poison Ivy? He is just getting over it and thinking tonight he might do some work outside on the coop before 'camping' with my son . SBMom did you find out who laid? Was it the maran? I hope so!
Nope. I think today is a no-egger. Went out about an hr ago and no one has laid. However, it's only 105 in the shade. So I don't see why not?!?

W4W, that was funny!

12 Eggs today... and the fair was fantastic! Mylee had a total blast! She rode the ferris wheel, the roller coaster, the tilt-a-whirl 4 times each, the lady bug coaster and the gigantic slide 2ce... of course, we rode the carousel, had that awesome fair lemonade, she tried candy apple, cotton candy and salt potatoes, a bite of philly cheese steak but turned her nose up at the sausage and peppers. she loved the poultry house and took lots of pictures...she fed the goats, saw oxen and horses... it was great! I will post a few pics later.

Thanks W4W, he is just getting over it with the prescriptions from the doc. Will keep those in mind though for next time. My daughter uses their teething tablets and has great results.

Sounds like the fair was a blast Cheeka, my son just got into them this past year...he was always afraid of the big crowds.

SBMom I hope she lays again tomorrow....or someone does at least
big_smile.png

on the ferris wheel and the dumbo ride, forgot about the elephant...

the ladybug coaster, she made friends with the little girl because they both have striped jackets and they both wanted to ride in the red ladybug, that sandbox is a cornbox... it's full of whole corn. that was pretty fun actually. she took her shoes and socks off so she could get corn between her toes.

the carousel and the roller coaster, she kept her hands in the air the whole time!

Mylee took the pictures in the poultry house, then she got to pet a big turkey

she's so funny about combing her hair, I call her Phyllis Diller... she has 3 big dreadlocks in the back... but you can't tell when she has her hood up! I bribed her tonight with a candy bar and Peter Rabbit cartoons to let me tackle the rat's nest... still have some knots to go in the morning...

SBMom- I have blues and blacks too! I can't wait to see the eggs? Were the hatching eggs really dark?? I'm not sure if you are familiar with sexing them, but I was told one way is how quickly they feather out. Girls are first, boys are slow. Hope you get lots of girls! If you need any boys, I have 10! I would love to send you some
big_smile.png

I got 3 eggs today! It is awesome, but now I am not sure who is laying! I thought for sure it was the NH's but two of the eggs are light. Next closest in age are blue egg layers, then the BR's are only 3 months old. I think that is too early for them? Two were on the floor and one was in the next box! It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings!

Question for those of you that free range. I have a large stand of cedar trees at the back of my chicken run. The chickens always run into that area instead of going into their nice, safe run. So far, the only daylight attack critters are over head. They can run into the treed area for cover. Should I worry about them? It is becoming more and more difficult to get them out of there when I have to leave, but I don't want to come back to a pile of feathers! I prepare two bowls of treats (Pie!) every morning and have the flock follow me to the run, but once something catches their eye, they are off in another direction!

For some reason I cannot post the pictures of the eggs and the shot showing the distance from my coop to the run, maybe tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom