Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Very cute! I love their big, poofy tophats. Seeing it on a tiny chick is just hilarious :) It makes me wish I could have many more chickens, seeing all the fun breeds out there. Give that girlie some pie.

Too much pie, makes for two headed chickens

Hecate spent the morning in her coop, bawking loudly to herself, while bonkers Hattie kept trying to chase me off. I couldn't decide whether she was thinking eggy thoughts or just afraid to set her delicate talons on the new sand.

She was just taunting me, as usual.

2 Eggs today, 1 of which is the darker speckled brown on top. had to use the flash or the pic was dark and grainy... now the blue eggs look nuclear... but I don't care, it's the brown I wanted to show off...the speckles are super dark. it's so pretty.

thanks! the Maran's have been sporadic layers, but I've noticed that the eggs are getting darker - so cool... I had an interesting call yesterday that lead to an interesting visit today ~ a lady who lives one hill over called, she got my number from my old handyman who retired last year... she has chickens, and needs to place them for the winter at least, permanently at best. she has an opportunity to house sit in NYC for 3 months ~ multi-million dollar apt with a gym and a pool... all to watch 2 kitties... I'd do it despite hating Manhattan. so I told her I would take them. she came today to see my birds and my set up, she's thrilled and will bring them tomorrow. 6 Spring pullets, so my egg counts will go right back up!

Back
Top Bottom