Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Ooooo... frittata sounds yummy.
droolin.gif
Do you have a good recipe??
I know I'm not the person you asked but I make a MEAN frittata.

1 dozen eggs
1 potato cubed and browned
1/2 bag fresh spinach
1 package bacon cooked and chopped
1 tub mushrooms chopped and browned
1 tomato chopped and seeded
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar
1 cup mozzarella
Whatever seasonings you favor to taste

Beat the eggs, pour everything into a bowl, stir, put in a pan and bake at 350 for 35-40 min or until set.

I have about a million variations on this. The only thing you really need to know hard and fast is the 1 cup sour cream per dozen eggs, otherwise the frittata gets a lot of air bubbles in it. You could probably use milk too but I have not tried that. You can really put anything in this, use your imagination and happy cooking!

Edited because I forgot to mention to cook the bacon first.

Last edited:
Quote: That sounds delicious! Have to try it with the sour cream. I think our eggs go in the pan naked (hehe). I'll have to sneak the sour cream in, though. Hubs will hardly eat any extra fatty stuff that he knows about.
hide.gif

Quote:
I am getting very fond of crustless quiche. Glad you found your kitty, and glad Scrambles55 is getting eggs!
Ming just gulped her dinner. Gave her some extra chicken to dampen any residual wanderlust.

Broody momma has hatched 9 of 12 eggs! She's still sitting right. So maybe the others will hatch.

So cute! I see a green egg and dark brown. Are they from your chickens? You must have quite a herd by now! What's your favorite breed? I am waiting on one of my new bantam Cochins or the Silkie to get the broody urge, then I'll sick about 20 Serama eggs under! Well, maybe not quite so many, but they'd easily fit!

So cute!  I see a green egg and dark brown.  Are they from your chickens?  You must have quite a herd by now!  What's your favorite breed?  I am waiting on one of my new bantam Cochins or the Silkie to get the broody urge, then I'll sick about 20 Serama eggs under!  Well, maybe not quite so many, but they'd easily fit! 

I am at 15 girls now, and 1 big rooster. All the girls lay blue, green, or welsummer eggs. Well, the eggs I hatch atleast. I have two Broodys that lay light brown/beige, a SS that's my baby, and a "breed that shall not be named". My rooster is a Cochin standard size frizzled. So most my chicks hatch frizzled.

I've for frizzled and smooth Easter Eggers in the brooder, with a gorgeous chocolate colored frizzled roo that will join my breeding stock. The rest are for sale lol.

Oh W4W I'm so glad you found Ming. That happened to my cat in 2001 and I was so scarred I still remember it like it was yesterday. It's almost the exact same story.... I remember waking up in the morning and not seeing the cat but just figuring he was in hiding. By the time I came home in the evening and he didn't greet me I knew he was missing. Thankfully neighbors found him and he was returned safely.

Soltaria thanks for the recipe! Sounds yummy!!!

I know I'm not the person you asked but I make a MEAN frittata.

1 dozen eggs
1 potato cubed and browned
1/2 bag fresh spinach
1 package bacon cooked and chopped
1 tub mushrooms chopped and browned
1 tomato chopped and seeded
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar
1 cup mozzarella
Whatever seasonings you favor to taste

Beat the eggs, pour everything into a bowl, stir, put in a pan and bake at 350 for 35-40 min or until set.

I have about a million variations on this. The only thing you really need to know hard and fast is the 1 cup sour cream per dozen eggs, otherwise the frittata gets a lot of air bubbles in it. You could probably use milk too but I have not tried that. You can really put anything in this, use your imagination and happy cooking!

Edited because I forgot to mention to cook the bacon first.
Thank you... I will try it! Now I need to save a dozen eggs.
thumbsup.gif

good morning everyone! I went to sleep really early last night...

W4W, what a relief to have Ming found! hopefully the wanderlust is cured with a not much fun outing and a hardy meal upon return!

Gorgeous eggs and fabulous chicks - I so love all the pics! my broody pen is basically ready for someone to move in... just waiting for the broody urge...

I have to redo the carpet in the living room, the smell returned last night and this morning it's so pungent! I really was hoping to not have to pull the carpet, but I may not be so lucky.

24° early this morning, but warming quickly - should be in the 50's today and they've changed the forecast to include wind, but southerly, so it should be somewhat of a warm wind. can't wait to get back for some free range! have a great day all!

Back
Top Bottom