Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

These are 3 of the 4 chicks. The fourth chick is light like the other 3. Rumples took the chicks out of the nest and left the remaining egg. Do you think its a bad one? I candled it. It has an air sac and blackness.
Looks like you got your lavenders!
smile.png
My hubs saw them and went Oooooo! Another thing to put on my very long wish list. I'd give that last egg one more night under Rumples (as long as it doesn't smell bad). She'll be off the nest in the morning, so you could check early. More often than not, ones that need help hatching have problems, so maybe best to let nature run it's course. (Haha! Who am I kidding! I would try to hatch it out. But that's just me, glutton for punishment.)

She has been my favorite blue colored Ameracaunas. When she was little, I thought she looked like a blue jay...kinda...

This is another one I am for sure keeping. My only splash Amaracauna pullet. The other is a roo.

This is the other one I know for sure I am keeping. I need to pick out one more Ameracauna and 2 more of the red chicks and then get rid of the other 9.

Waiting for the chicks to lay is like being pregnant. You just NEVER think this baby is going to come!

But, they do and so will your chickens. Buy some eggs. So what.

The girls will lay, trust me.

She has been my favorite blue colored Ameracaunas. When she was little, I thought she looked like a blue jay...kinda...

This is another one I am for sure keeping. My only splash Amaracauna pullet. The other is a roo.

This is the other one I know for sure I am keeping. I need to pick out one more Ameracauna and 2 more of the red chicks and then get rid of the other 9.
Yes... yes.... yes... the Lav one for sure. I am also getting Red Star chicks for Rumples because I want good egg layers. I might have to keep the black though. I named it Little Bit.

I love my black copper marans! It's the white ones I don't like. I did get two white marans for the egg color so it'll be interesting to see their full plump adult selves!!!

Back
Top Bottom