Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Welcome guys and congrats on the egg!!!
Did someone question whether EE lay brown eggs? I have 5 EE and only 3 lay blue/green . The other two lay atan and a cream....

Hey guys! Busy weekend with a class reunion and school shopping to finish. School starts Monday and I will be back down to 2 kiddos for most of the day. Not much happening on the chicken front. Check back in later.

I'm in dc for the weekend and hubby is on chicken duty! I made him do a practice run before I left so I could correct any issues. My set up is a little complicated at the moment cause squirt and the babies are segregated.

I needed to process the BBW this week. The problem was that dh wanted to see someone do it one last time. I suggested a guy I was not crazy about. We swung by yesterday morning, and instead of coming here, he loaded a cage into his pickup, drove fifteen or so miles here to pick up the turkeys, and we did them there. He has a set up complete with plucker. Unfortunately, the motor for the plucker wasn't big enough for my turkeys. She dressed out at 23#, and the plucker did a little. He was 45 live, and everything had to be rethought! He had a good amount of meat in his tail! He dressed at 35#.
Had told us we could always do the turkeys there. He is now someone I like... More anyway! I didn't cry to my surprise. Dh was upset. He calls himself a hunter! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Last edited:
[COLOR=800080]I have heard that EEs can lay a brown egg. [/COLOR] :thumbsup

Did someone question whether EE lay brown eggs? I have 5 EE and only 3 lay blue/green . The other two lay atan and a cream....
it's kind of a pinky color, can't really describe it, lol.

Her father was an actual Ameraucana, so that means the woman I got her from needs to cull that cock, but she has no way of separating them to figure out which one it is.

I'm still very happy with it, gives a great addition to the egg color palette!

That was me, after I made that statement, I looked it up just to be sure I was telling the kids the right thing - and discovered nothing is definite, lol. I still don't know who has laid, I have 24 week and 19 week pullets, - 8 total, and I have gotten TWO eggs to date!

Back
Top Bottom