Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Well outta the 16 eggs I set 2 look like blanks and one looks like it has a blood ring. Others seem to be doing well. Today is day 7!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I am so tempted to hatch eggs. I am doing my best to wait until the New Year hatch.

Been super busy with school and trying to get into a schedule. I have 2 layers now. My first layer Frizzel hasn't missed a beat 6 days in a row. Jenny Penny has laid 2 in a row 11 girls should be laying anytime 20 weeks 2 days all BSL and RIR

I believe one of my hens is getting close to laying, one of the nest boxes was checked out this morning. The oldest hens will be 20 weeks on Friday, so fingers are crossed. I now have 3 hens with combs a little pinker than the others. The red sex link, Silver-Laced Wyandotte and the head EE. But they are not the bright red that the roo has had for months. So i have no idea just how close.

I believe one of my hens is getting close to laying, one of the nest boxes was checked out this morning.  The oldest hens will be 20 weeks on Friday, so fingers are crossed.  I now have 3 hens with combs a little pinker than the others.  The red sex link, Silver-Laced Wyandotte and the head EE. But they are not the bright red that the roo has had for months.  So i have no idea just how close. 

OmG!! The red sex link should lay any day now. They tend to lay earlier.

I was pretty sure all of my girls were laying (10 girls...6 & 7 weeks old). I have a Polish and an Exchequer Leghorn that I thought were both laying. It was a small white egg I was getting...once a day or every other day (and when I say small, I mean tiny). I went out yesterday, and I finally got a normal sized white egg. So maybe it was my Polish that was laying previously, and now my Leghorn (finally) started laying. Who knows....guess we will figure it out when we get 2 white eggs in a day. It's just fun to speculate!

Back
Top Bottom