Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

we're about to get socked with about a foot of snow over the next 24 hours. I'm sick over it. I am getting too old to be out in it all day long, white knuckling the steering wheel.

no eggs over the past couple of days from anyone. I have 8 eggs left. the Solstice can't arrive quickly enough!

Hi Min and Welcome!!
hugs.gif
you're photos are wonderful, such pretty girls!

JC, lovely to see you!

The Seramas are doing fine! Got 3 eggs from them yesterday. We ended up having to sell the original rooster with his mate and two of the 3 cockerels that were hatched this spring. I don't like that part of it, so probably won't hatch any more. We have one cockerel left who does the least amount of crowing, but when summer comes it may prove too much for our sensitive neighbor and he might have to go too.
hmm.png
(the cockerel, not the neighbor. Although, now that I think about it.... )

We are finally getting some rain, and of course when it rains it pours! Getting ready for a drenching on Thurs with high winds. Expecting to lose power. High winds and big trees stressed from 3 years of drought are not a good combination.

The Seramas are doing fine! Got 3 eggs from them yesterday. We ended up having to sell the original rooster with his mate and two of the 3 cockerels that were hatched this spring. I don't like that part of it, so probably won't hatch any more. We have one cockerel left who does the least amount of crowing, but when summer comes it may prove too much for our sensitive neighbor and he might have to go too.
hmm.png

We are finally getting some rain, and of course when it rains it pours! Getting ready for a drenching on Thurs with high winds. Expecting to lose power. High winds and big trees stressed from 3 years of drought are not a good combination.
The old song, "It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya
It pours, man, it pours"

We are predicted to have mud slides, floods and such starting tomorrow.

The old song, "It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya
It pours, man, it pours"

We are predicted to have mud slides, floods and such starting tomorrow.
For sure! I am channeling my inner boy scout and getting prepared. Power outage means no water for us, that's the toughest part. Expecting 4" or more in our area, so I have to go up to the farm and get a barrel to catch some of that rain, just in case.

For sure! I am channeling my inner boy scout and getting prepared. Power outage means no water for us, that's the toughest part. Expecting 4" or more in our area, so I have to go up to the farm and get a barrel to catch some of that rain, just in case.
I grew up that way!

When the power goes out, the pump at the well does not work.

In an emergency, the water in the toilet tank(not the bowl) can be use for shaving and such.

I grew up that way too. Luckily the power outages were usually in the winter when the seasonal creeks on the property were running. It was a little muddy, but it would flush a toilet and the horses would drink it too. Power was out for a week one time. My brother had to scoop pans of water out of his fish tank and heat it on the wood stove to keep his tropical fish from dying. At least we aren't dealing with snow and freezing temperatures. No creek where I am now, but the power hardly ever goes out these days.

we're about to get socked with about a foot of snow over the next 24 hours. I'm sick over it. I am getting too old to be out in it all day long, white knuckling the steering wheel.

no eggs over the past couple of days from anyone. I have 8 eggs left. the Solstice can't arrive quickly enough!

Hi Min and Welcome!!
hugs.gif
you're photos are wonderful, such pretty girls!

JC, lovely to see you!
You too cheeka
hugs.gif

hmm.png

I gave up on my polish after several months of aggressive roos, low egg laying and multiple issues with them. We have old english and modern game as our bantams, and thats it. I have rehomed all of my smaller breeds, it just wasn't fitting in here. Loved the silkies and millies but the roosters were too big an issue. Mom and Dad want to hold and touch the birds, so "mean" birds just don't work
sad.png

Quote: Yikes! Stay safe!

mortie, how is your dog doing?
X2 hope all is well

It's raining sooooooo much! Two eggs, Zazzles has resumed laying, I forgot how much I loved her big white eggs! Looking forward to the new girls laying but they don't even look close yet! :fl Blue and cream eggs some time in the future!
Here is Zazzles' egg, babs' was eaten before I could get a picture, it's the last egg in house get your act together Selma and Peggy!!

Finally drying out and I got 5 clean eggs today! Love it when they don't have dirty feet!!! The only times I get dirty eggs are when not rains.

Back
Top Bottom