Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Pie with herring filet... she has fish breath. bad.
sickbyc.gif
gig.gif

MC prayers and thoughts for you in your situation! Cheeka you are an absolute sweetheart!!

Welcome mohamed95! Your chickens are beautiful.

Scrambles it makes my heart happy to see rumples w the babies knowing she'll have company for the next few months. I think she'll take them.

Hope everyone else is doing well. We're getting snow again but today it was 34. Tomorrow is going to be in the 40s. But just a tease before it's back down to 19.

Not sure if I shared my v day present. Nobody's been on it tho yet.

It can be normal if she recently ate some green grass or leafy green vegetables, but it can also be a sign of a serious problem, especially if it was a very bright green.  If you only see it once, I wouldn't worry, but if it keeps up, you may need to find out what's causing the green.  Sometimes it's a nutritional deficiency.

They are pretty!  If you are outside of the United States, the black hen would be an Ameraucana (or a mix, which we call Easter Eggers here).  Most everywhere else, she would be part Araucana.  They have the bearded faces and lay blue or green eggs like Cheeka said.

Have they laid any more eggs for you?

I'm so sorry MC, but please do keep up with the thread; even if you don't have animals, we will still always enjoy the pleasure of your company x
It can be normal if she recently ate some green grass or leafy green vegetables, but it can also be a sign of a serious problem, especially if it was a very bright green.  If you only see it once, I wouldn't worry, but if it keeps up, you may need to find out what's causing the green.  Sometimes it's a nutritional deficiency.

They are pretty!  If you are outside of the United States, the black hen would be an Ameraucana (or a mix, which we call Easter Eggers here).  Most everywhere else, she would be part Araucana.  They have the bearded faces and lay blue or green eggs like Cheeka said.

Have they laid any more eggs for you?
yea she was eating some fresh green leaves so that's why she pooped that dark green color

I know these breeds but this one is none of them I guess , I will search and tell u the breed speciphicllly ..

They didn't lay any eggs yet, I will wait for them to get comfortable in the area ,, this year the weather is so mixed

BTW : I'm from United Arab Emirates , or Dubai as lots of ppl know it of
1f60a.png

Hello everyone. Greetings from Asia Pacific. I hope you don't mind me joining you with your discussion.

i started reading this thread since the other day and i find it really interesting and funny.

Like you guys, i have a big heart for chickens. I love them! one day, i was watching youtube videos and i got fascinated with Chickens from the US because they are large fowls and very adorable. I searched thru google to check if they are available here in my country and to my surprise, one American imported some eggs, hatched them, breed them and he's selling them!! Yay!! I know i am not supposed to bring chickens in my pad but i'm dying to have orpingtons! (I ended up having 3 different breeds. Lol) So i broke the rule. I registered in byc to contact the seller. After a week (longest week ever!) i finally got my chickens. then i started reading forums and it's fun! I hope it's ok to share my stories too. :)

Btw, @MC, i hope things get better.

Last edited:
I have a very very important question !!

Can chicks get broody or lay eggs in high places ?

Their chicken coop is a bit high , so some farmers here says the chicken will never get broody I'm high places because she knows that her babies will fall on their first time exploring after they hatch , so she would never think of having babies as long as the best is up and will not lay

my country lays in a very hot place, so having some breeds is very hard .. Thank god I can raise some French breeds at least

So what breeds do you have? i know each country have standard/native breeds. I wonder if our chickens is similar to yours. They are smaller than US breeds but larger than bantams. Got some pictures of your birds?

Back
Top Bottom