Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

ron - those pics are super! such beautiful babies...!

my EE Isis had let me pick her up, so I was walking around, giving her snuggles, when I heard a great flapping behind me. someone was jealous.
What a great girl you have!

The video is up:

vimeo_logo.png

[quote name="ronott1"

The video is up:

[/quote]

The great outdoors can be overwhelming at first! Sweet little birds.

they are so sweet! it won't take long before they are comfy and zipping all over the place - but it sure is nice the first few times they're out and about... they don't go far, easy to keep track of! their markings are neat, will be fun to watch them feather out!

my cousin is here, I had been hollering when I was holding Isis and Brutus was up on my head... to come and see and take a picture, but he didn't hear me... anyway, he was out later, I had no idea he was taking pics. he got a cute video of me walking with the buckets, followed by a large wake of chickens... calls it the Pie Piper... I may get it uploaded... but I'm in my pj's... so maybe we'll stage another one...
in this pic, I'm hugging Penny, another EE. I can even tell what I'm saying to her. what a pretty girl she is, and how much I love her...

the new ride! I'll be doing the paperwork tomorrow, getting it all transferred... it drives really nice, but I bet those spoke'd rims will be packed with dirt/mud in a day. (at least on the passenger side, I spend all day half in the ditch...) those will have to be replaced.

her babies are 6 weeks old, the Silkies are a bit older... Mama Gossy is on the prowl!

Cool, Cheeka! My first car was a '74 BMW 2002. My dad used to "collect" them, take them apart, replace stuff, and put them back together. I remember him using the loader on the tractor to hoist the engines out. When he lost interest in fixing them, we had to sell it because I couldn't afford to have it worked on! Good that you have an in with the mechanic.
cool.png

funny you should say that... I inherited a BMW from a family member, bottom of the line, but still... I couldn't afford to maintain it either. brakes cost me $1000!!! so I grilled him about repairs and he specifically told me not to worry. so, yes, an in with the mechanic is true.

Okay, this family is really something!
Bottom line, I'm supposed to have Jazlyn until Friday now. They were willing to take her overnight, and I said I wouldn't take her back until noon. She is teething and screaming around the clock! I need to get stuff done around here, including getting the rest of the stuff into the garden, and a tree planted. I just don't have the energy to get it done. So, I'm hoping nothing dies by Thursday, and I'll only agree to take her until tomorrow afternoon... If I can get the courage to refuse the two extra days.
What burns me up, is that the neighbor knew I was going to have Jazalyn all week by yesterday morning. I didn't know until lastnight.
I will be drugging her up this time. Hopefully it works! She hates the numbing effect of oragel, I hate giving medicine to someone else's child. It has occurred to me that I don't even know who her pediatrician is. Let alone her feeding schedule.
OH! She took her first steps! Two steps chasing the dog before she realized I wasn't hanging onto her.

funny you should say that... I inherited a BMW from a family member, bottom of the line, but still... I couldn't afford to maintain it either. brakes cost me $1000!!! so I grilled him about repairs and he specifically told me not to worry. so, yes, an in with the mechanic is true.

That's good. Anytime something happened, minimum $200 just for parts. And that was over 30 yrs ago! Can't imagine the cost now. Breaking point was when the fan to defog the windshield went kaput. Dad didn't want to have to dig in that far, so after a winter of constantly wiping the windows just to see, the car was sold... to a mechanic. Missed that car, though. It was fun to drive!

Back
Top Bottom