Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

My first egg from my 48 hens that I have raised from peep that were a day old on May 7 2015

another rainy day, no free range... it will be interesting when I do finally open the doors, see where everyone goes... betcha most will go right back to their former pens.

hey datchicks! Congratulations on your perfect first egg! my friends are having a Brand New Moo Celebration too!

Last edited:
The leaves are beautiful! That tree looks like it's floating. I love baby cowies. Heck, I love pretty much anything in baby form. We had these darling baby lizards running around all summer, only about 1½ inches long and a third of that is head. So cute. Isn't it late in the year for calving?

another rainy day, no free range... it will be interesting when I do finally open the doors, see where everyone goes... betcha most will go right back to their former pens. hey datchicks! Congratulations on your perfect first egg! my friends are having a Brand New Moo Celebration too!
awww. That calf is precious!

even more precious than you could see in the other photo! anyway, it's a bit late, but calves born now are very very strong if they make it. and they have a nice barn, so she will, those born in the middle of winter tho'... ugh, very tough to survive unless kept indoors and their Mom's usually don't want to. they try to manage that carefully, but bulls will be bulls...

Back
Top Bottom