Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

another green and a blue today! I know, next to bantam or even pullet eggs, good big ones look huge. I had a 10th egg today, but I got it first thing this morning and I ate it.

my snowflake photo, did I share it here? anyway, it won 2 big contests, I'm pretty stoked.

MC, that child would be lost without you. bless you for all your love and tenderness. You are a wonderful woman. you deserve so much more than you've been dealt. she'll grow up with a sense of what's right in the world because of what you've given her.

Wrangler sleeps like a rock. a hot sweaty rock. she's like a tiny furnace, but she has picked up the habit of needing the TV on ALL night - her Oma has always slept with the TV on. I tried using the timer so it would shut off after an hour, because she sleeps in my room when they visit and I prefer dark and quiet. Nope. as soon as it shuts off, she senses it, wakes, and NEEDS it turned back on. she also "needs" a sippy cup of chocolate milk to take to bed. she doesn't drink but a few sips, but God Forbid you don't let her have it. she claims she'll give it up when she's 10.
roll.png

To each their own! I regret not spending the money for a potty a few months ago. She was ready. Now she doesn't seem to care. I know there is still time, but I will not have a 3-year-old in diapers day or night. I won't torture her, but she has been such an easy child. Today she was whispering, "wall, Walmart (
he.gif
) , bathroom", and a few other things. She finally said, "yeay!" which I have been trying to get her to say for ten months! Oh! And she makes elephant sounds. No barking, quacking or meowing (though she will pant). Silly child!
Anyway, I want her to have a chance in this world. I want her to be smart and successful. I want her to go to college (4 year, not vocational) and get a teaching degree at least! No welfare for this child!

it was actually too warm to really snow that day (12/3/15) and the snow that was falling was corn snow (a term I learned from Scrambles) and not flakes at all, then this beauty landed right where I was standing! I got lucky, got three rapid burst shots, this is the first, the second shot was already half melted and the third was a water droplet.
my Dad quipped that now I have to find its twin and win the Nobel Prize.

MC, don't feel bad if she's not trained by any specific age. She's obviously been thru a great deal of trauma and the most important thing is to let her be comfortable enough to get there at her own pace. Trust me, if she feels rushed it'll only set her back. My own daughter was traumatized to the point of having a clinical phobia of toilets (long story) she is perfectly normal in every way. But that event caused us YEARS of anguish trying to get her past it. I made many mistakes trying to toughen her but it only made it take longer. When I finally accepted it, she eventually got past it. To this day tho, she still has nervous moments. But now as a teenager, she's learned to adapt and conquer her own fears. Your girl will get there in her own time too.

Remember the Odd Couple? the old one... the new one is hardly representative of what the story originally meant.
Oscar was anal explosive. Felix was anal retentive.

Oscar's folks didn't acknowledge his achievements. simply flushed them away. Felix's folks made too big a deal of his achievements - like great gifts... and then flushed them away. it's the two greatest extremes of what can happen to a person during potty training and how it can affect the rest of their lives. she's a good girl, if it takes til she's 3+ to be reliable, it's okay. Lr gave great advice. let Duckling see you use the toilet, I'm sure she has... but it's important that children learn we all use it. it's just a part of life.

heartwarming moment... thought y'all would enjoy

This is just a short video that I think is adorable. Duckling laughs when I ask if she wants something, and answering me gets her what she wants.
I know you can't see her laughing, but I figured it was worth sharing.

for the first time this year, the large fowl beat the bantams with egg count!

had my pre-op testing today, didn't realize the meniscus was being removed instead of repaired. Ick. and I have to bring my own food because they won't let me leave until I eat and they don't have anything gluten free. I needed juice anyway, so I stopped to get some and I found a new product, GF bite sized peanut butter cracker sandwiches, so those and a mini applesauce should be perfect.

MC, she's so happy, love the video!

Well, I have a bird with frostbite. The problem? I have a bird that has frostbite that needs to let me get close enought to put vaseline on her comb. I have been trying the last few days. She will not let me tough her. Not even pie would make her let me tough her. Aside from that, the people who wanted my friend's chickens only wanted the coop. I found someone else, and I am going over Friday. Seriously?! A chicken coop with no chickens!

Well, I have a bird with frostbite. The problem? I have a bird that has frostbite that needs to let me get close enought to put vaseline on her comb. I have been trying the last few days. She will not let me tough her. Not even pie would make her let me tough her. Aside from that, the people who wanted my friend's chickens only wanted the coop. I found someone else, and I am going over Friday. Seriously?! A chicken coop with no chickens!
Best way to catch an uncooperative chicken is to go out after dark and pull them off the roost. They have terrible night vision. It really helps if someone can help hold the flashlight for you. Be prepared for much flailing and flapping!

Back
Top Bottom