Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

love me some Minions! while I was recovering, my brother took a trip to Middletown NY (about 90 miles away) for special spicy pickles and the best gluten free homemade pizza crusts, and he was supposed to take my broken cell phone to a Verizon and get me an upgrade... well, he forgot my phone, and when looking at the account (I have 2 cells, one for work, one for data usage and such) he mistook the two phones. the phone he got me is a crap phone exactly like one I had 4 years ago. I didn't crab about it, he was trying to help and there is a Verizon in the next town over. well... no. they are a different kind of Verizon. carry different gear. Huh? they can't help me. I can't drive 90 miles, so I figure I'm stuck with this crap phone for 2 years. Nope. I had to go back to the surgeon yesterday and took a chance on a Verizon store I spotted. Huzzah! not only could they help me, the seriously sweet lady and I have so much in common, we love Pixar, Disney... and animals! her uncle's Christmas doesn't officially begin until there is an animal too large for the house in the house! over the years, they've hosted a donkey, a goat, a horse, and always at least a chicken and a duck. her husband is a germophobe - his first Christmas... she was like "welcome to the family!" and handed him a big bottle of hand sanitizer. I laughed so hard, I nearly cried. if Verizon surveys me for the service, she's getting straight 10's and a professional review on her service! and I love my new phone, can't wait to get to the library to download all the movies I own. it would chew through my download allowance if I tried to do it here... it may have to wait until Monday, when the temps come back up - after this subzero horror, 30's will feel balmy!

Four of them hatched this afternoon, and a fifth one before lock up.

Can you see it??

It is a pretty chipmunk!

And another. Maybe a silkied.

Black and a little light chipmunk, maybe another silkied, but I don't know how to tell exactly.

The fifth one is another black one, but no pic yet. It was still wet and wanted to stay under mama..

There are still about 7 viable eggs that could hatch. They were laid after I let the first hens start sitting, so maybe tomorrow or the next.
fl.gif

Updates tomorrow!

That is the COOLEST thing I have seen in a long while! I may have to raise a few eggs now, lol! I've been debating on whether or not to give my girls babies since they're so young and there's so many of them. Would there be jealoisy issues do you think?? What about my ducky girls??

W4W they are so adorable! the silkie mixes start to show their silkiness after about a week. for mine anyway.

my flock is so puffy this morning... it's near 50 below with the windchill. well, it's a bit warmer now, but that's how cold it was when I went out to get them fresh water, they had eaten the majority of the seeds and cracked corn I put out last night, so I loaded them up again and will have a Pie out there within another 15 minutes. Mackerel and Oatmeal.

This was the last one out yesterday morning. He's the lightest, and the one that was yelling at me. I was afraid it was going to die before hatching too since he was taking so long.
18 born, two died in the shell. Idk what to think about the last egg. It was so darn tiny, but it did have down. Not fully formed. The DIS were both girls. Darn!

This was the last one out yesterday morning. He's the lightest, and the one that was yelling at me. I was afraid it was going to die before hatching too since he was taking so long.
18 born, two died in the shell. Idk what to think about the last egg. It was so darn tiny, but it did have down. Not fully formed. The DIS were both girls. Darn!

I bet Duckling loves them!

Back
Top Bottom