Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I just gave her some oyster shells. She should have had enough but I gave her choice of it anyway, the egg feels hard and is yo-yoing between near her vent and near her ribs, I will also mention that she is very skittish with me and the other hens.

Last edited:
I just gave her some oyster shells. She should have had enough but I gave her choice of it anyway, the egg feels hard and is yo-yoing between near her vent and near her ribs, I will also mention that she is very skittish with me and the other hens.
She will likely lay the egg tomorrow but watch her for symptoms of a stuck egg.

It may be a double yolked egg!

If it isn't out by tomorrow, bath her in warm water and massage her.
And keep her in a quiet place away from the flock for a day or two. If there is one or two that she gets along with, put them together so that they can integrate better when you put them back together.

The three will make a mini flock which will help the banty with the others. She may not be laying the egg because of stress.

Quote:
I see you have a shiny new badge.
smile.png
Congrats!!

And keep her in a quiet place away from the flock for a day or two. If there is one or two that she gets along with, put them together so that they can integrate better when you put them back together.

The three will make a mini flock which will help the banty with the others. She may not be laying the egg because of stress.

5/6 of my chickens are bantams and she is friendly with all except one of the Roos, would that be stressful? The only non bantam is her adopted sister, a jersey giant, and they are very close

Back
Top Bottom