Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I'm like that, too. I've always been a 'night owl' sometimes getting no sleep, or only a few hours.
I used to say I'll sleep when I'm dead. Big talk, ay?

It's been real hard learning to sleep alone again. Just as I would be drifting off my mind would remember and I'd begin to cry. Night after night. That's just f'd up and I'd dread going to bed.

Taking a good quality magnesium supplement has helped me relax, and once I fall I usually get 6-8 hours of sleep now.

hugs.gif
Nutcup, melatonin could be helpful too. I keep it on hand for those most difficult nights.

I was hoping that it would be nice out this afternoon, like it had been most of the day. I spent the day unpacking all kinds of totes and boxes, then when it was time to pick Wrangler up for school, and hoping to go shutter-buggin'... it started to rain. so, we're eating popcorn, watching cartoons and waiting to see if it will let up. I should probably go organize the dvd's or something...

at least now, it's not as far a trip! Wrangler's out there, fanning in your direction... any rain coming your way yet?
gig.gif

she found her basket with tiaras...she wants to play royal games. I told her it was time for Princess School, and got her homework packet... so she took the dogs out.

Homework??? I thought most lower grade school homework was a waste of time. Sometimes big elaborate projects that were so parent involved, most of the kids didn't have anything to do with them. The parents all competed to see who had the best project at open house! Reading is best and I'm sure you already do that with her.

oh yes, reading is one of my favorite things, she does seem more inclined towards math, but her reading skills are right up there. her homework packets are pretty basic, mostly practicing the lessons of the day to help them sink in, one of the assignments for today was "following the rules", and it showed pictures of kids doing things, some good, some naughty... she was to circle the smiley face or sad face according to whether or not the behavior was right or wrong. basic penmanship skills and some basic addition and subtraction. she's loving school, her new friends and her teacher, but she did have a melt down tonight... overtired - wishing she was back in New Mexico, in her old apartment, with her old friends. but we reasoned through it, a tad more tears than necessary... but I think that was a ploy for some chocolate milk and an extra bedtime snack. which of course, she got... she has a great mind for logic and reason, but can be a tad manipulative. we're really working hard on that one. nip it.
but we played too, her "royal game" and she made me wear a tiara... and some junky plastic beads, but we paraded around the backyard, speaking all Royal-like to one another and picked sunflowers to place in a fancy basket, and then we put them in that pretty vase. pictures still pop up at the top, I have to remember to load the picture first and then do all my typing...

That's an awful lot of change for someone so young. It would be stressful for anyone. I know adults that would be freaking out in the same situation. Once you guys get in a consistent routine, she will feel better, I'm sure. When they were younger, by boys would occasionally have dinner with the queen (me!) to learn table manners. We are pretty casual, but I wanted them to know if they were eating out or with company, they had to neatly cut food into bite sized pieces and not stab the entire piece on the end of their fork and take bites of their meat-sicle!
tongue.png
The queen would not approve!!

Forget pepper spray. If you really want to protect yourself, get a can of skunk spray. Stupid dogs both got it tonight, right in the face.
hit.gif
Not much I can do about it. They rubbed their faces off on their bedding (in the garage) and when that got so stinky my eyes were watering, I took it outside and put down clean bedding for them to finish rubbing on. The stench has seeped into the house. I took off my clothes and bundled them outside too. The fumes had soaked right in! ugh. They will never learn!

I'm like that, too. I've always been a 'night owl' sometimes getting no sleep, or only a few hours.
I used to say I'll sleep when I'm dead. Big talk, ay?

It's been real hard learning to sleep alone again. Just as I would be drifting off my mind would remember and I'd begin to cry. Night after night. That's just f'd up and I'd dread going to bed.

Taking a good quality magnesium supplement has helped me relax, and once I fall I usually get 6-8 hours of sleep now.

I totally understand. :th

oh boy will it be nice when we have our routine down pat. I'm not used to not working and it's making me a bit cuckoo... so I overdo all day long, I'm slow, but still...overdoing.
this photo is from this morning, actually through a not too clean window.
one of these days, I'll have time to take a drive for some scenic photography, it's not far to Estes Park. tomorrow we visit Denver for the day, swimming... and then dinner with my folks and my cousins who live nearby. Sunday will surely be a day to lounge and do more unpacking/organizing.
I wish I had my flock... I had some lettuce go to waste while I was away, chucked it out back for the rabbits and grasshoppers.

oh boy will it be nice when we have our routine down pat. I'm not used to not working and it's making me a bit cuckoo... so I overdo all day long, I'm slow, but still...overdoing.
this photo is from this morning, actually through a not too clean window.
one of these days, I'll have time to take a drive for some scenic photography, it's not far to Estes Park. tomorrow we visit Denver for the day, swimming... and then dinner with my folks and my cousins who live nearby. Sunday will surely be a day to lounge and do more unpacking/organizing.
I wish I had my flock... I had some lettuce go to waste while I was away, chucked it out back for the rabbits and grasshoppers.
Eurasian Collared Dove. Invasive species. Tend to run in pairs. You will hear them coo-cooing all over. We had one here that sounded like a kazoo!

Oh, and guinea pigs are adorable and very good at consuming veggie scraps. Just saying...
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom