should I buy them?

hchorselover

Songster
9 Years
Jul 29, 2010
First I would like to say that I don't know what category this would be in but the reason I put it in this one is because it would a behavior if the rooster caused the missing feathers...?
okay so when I was going into the pet store and I saw two barred rock chickens (grown, one rooster, one hen) and I don't know if i should get them or not because the hen had missing feathers on her back (just a small patch) and I don't know if it was the rooster that hurt her or if she was sick or just molting. I don't know weather to buy them or not because I don't want a mean rooster or a sick hen... so what's your opinion? Yes or No

Personally I would never buy any grown birds when I have no idea of their history. The fact that they don't look 100% healthy just reinforces that, you could end up bringing all sorts of nasties back to your flock. I vote a big no.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice I did't think i should but i just felt so bad for them!
sad.png
But i need to think about my other chickens first. I would NEVER want to give them any dieses!

No i would not.. but knowing me i would just because i feel sorry for them but then feel bad when i give something to my other chickens... she has probably lost the feathers because he is "doing his thing" alot...so i would not get them ... But I always hate to see chickens like that ....

Back
Top Bottom