Should I call Cackle Hatchery?

peachyduckies

Waterfowl Enthusiast
Apr 21, 2018
Illinois
I ordered chicks, ducklings, and goslings from Cackle Hatchery on the 19th, the chicks and the ducklings were supposed to ship today, but I haven’t received an email from Cackle all day to confirm that the chicks and ducklings have shipped. I can’t track my order, since I ordered as a guest, which was probably a stupid thing for me to do LOL! I did get an email confirming that I had ordered the birds, and that I should allow up to 10 days for Cackle to pick out a ship date, but I already chose the ship date, and I checked the website today to see if the chicks and ducklings still had an available ship date for today, and they do.

Do you think I should call Cackle? Is it possible they may have lost my order? Or should I just wait to see if they send me an email tomorrow? TIA!

Last edited:
Hey there peachyduckies,
I laugh with you on this.....new arrival fever!
My experience has been this....when the postal carrier or post office scans in your bar code it sets all the info in motion. U probably wont get an electronic update until then. Even if you have an account with cackle it would only show what your order info shows. If there is a problem they will contact you, ( I had this happen before with my Pet chicken). I think you should kick back and enjoy your free night while you can. Have some chick fun and watch cackles videos on YouTube.
Best luck w ur cks. (I have 12 3 wk old Isa browns from tsg right now)

Hey there peachyduckies,
I laugh with you on this.....new arrival fever!
My experience has been this....when the postal carrier or post office scans in your bar code it sets all the info in motion. U probably wont get an electronic update until then. Even if you have an account with cackle it would only show what your order info shows. If there is a problem they will contact you, ( I had this happen before with my Pet chicken). I think you should kick back and enjoy your free night while you can. Have some chick fun and watch cackles videos on YouTube.
Best luck w ur cks. (I have 12 3 wk old Isa browns from tsg right now)
Haha, yeah! :gig I’m a first-time chicken owner, I have no idea what to expect when ordering, so, thank you for telling me! I was starting to become stressed, believing my order might be lost... :rolleyes:

Good luck with your chicks, as well! :)

Hey peachyduckies,
Just a FYI, if you open a free USPS account, you will get alert email for what you have coming to you both mail and packages.
I use this all the time. Even if you don't have a tracking number, as long as it has been scanned into the system, you can simply look up your packages on their way, and that may be some relief to you.
I know it can be stressful, wondering why the darn post office can't seem to update the whereabouts of the packages.
I would call the hatchery tommorow of it were me. I just like to know when they were shipped, and ask for a tracking number, so I can be ready for those babies.
The hatchery should be able to give you this info. They have to have a tracking number with anything they ship live.

You should call them. The feed store I work at orders through cackle and because of some “shipping error” on the post office’s part it took us 5 days to get our chicks last week and because they took so long only 35out of 325 lived. Cackle Hatchery totally refunded us, but they have tracking numbers for everything and can look to see where your birds are and can tell you what is going on with your order.

Update; I just got an email from Cackle today with my ship date. My entire order (chicks, ducklings and goslings) is shipping on May 21st. I didn’t call Cackle, it said on my confirmation email that they will send a second email in 1-10 days with my ship date information, so I left them alone. If I still hadn’t got a second email containing my ship date information after 10 days, the conformation email said to call the hatchery. Fortunately, after 8 days, I finally got the ship date information. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom