should i clip the wings?

sydney13

Songster
Mar 11, 2010
Massachusetts
i have a toulouse gosling and ive heard that they can fly and my neighbors would definitely not be to hapy about my goose pooping in their yard. so when i let her out to free range do you think she might fly over the 3 foot fence into the other yards or would she just stay close to her coop (we have 1 acer)? and if i clipped the wings do you just clip the tips of the wing feathers?
and by the way she is a production toulouse not the dewlap type
smile.png

Last edited:
I doubt it. I have had many Chinese geese, and they only flew a little for about a month before they were a year old . I imagine toulouse geese are much heavier than Chinese, so they probably won't fly at all. Even if they can fly a little if they have food, water, and love on your side of the fence, I am sure they will stay.
big_smile.png

If they have a runway, especially a downhill runway or if there is a strong headwind...especially if she gets scared or has a reason to be on the other side.
Dana

I live in a windy area. We also get alot of devil winds and nice size twisters. Those type of things get my birds flying. I have 5 fenced acers. My fence is 6 ft tall. They don't go over often but it does happen.

Back
Top Bottom