Should i do frizzled sultans?

Should I do a project to make frizzled sultans?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Ya know I was just thinking (watch out you might get some on you). There are breeds that don't do so well in the heat of the southern states, just as there are breeds that don't do good in the cold of the north. So I wonder if you took a breed that can't stand the heat and crossed it with a frizzle if you 'd get a non heat tolerant bird that could take the heat. Just frizzled. I've seen a partially frizzled RIR and it was neat.

I crossed my rd/blk bantam frizzle cochin with a standard CM and got a very cute and friendly bird. Perhaps we need a frizzle cross post. Got no pics of my cross but maybe tomorrow.

Frizzles and turkens are chicken equals to those people that you see at the mall and go OMG! did you see that? They make life interesting. Course you wouldn't want one of those OMG, guys dating your daughter but you don't mind a Frizzle or Turken in you yard. There a conversation piece.

I'd be interested
smile.png
The beauty of a frizzled polish and a frizzled cochin (well, only for the feathered feet really) combined.
Love it
love.gif

Although I agree that breeds should be bred towards improvement and be left alone, especially the rare ones that desperately need to stay pure and up to standard.........can't help but love frizzles. If there was a frizzle version of every breed, I'd be in heaven, LOL
th.gif
Other than the Sultans, these are who I'd like to have in frizzled form, as well as smooth:

- Houdans
- LF Orps
- LF Cochins
- OEGB

And something else that just popped in my head. What the heck would a long-tail breed, like for example a Pheonix....look like if it were frizzled? Those long tail feathers would probably be even more easily broken and messed up, but if you could keep good care of the roos, would they be long and curly? That would be one funky looking chicken!

Quote:
I know what you mean, i have soem nice frizzle roos here and a couple of frizzle hens, and when peaple see them, like love them.

thats why iam not sure if i want to play around with the sultans. i may take some ones advice just do a batch for myself, until i get a pure sultan roo to go with them. i love the frizzle legs and feet, and so far my frizzle d'uccle babys are comeing along just beautiful.

soon they will have a class of there own in shows i belive, i mean it first started with frizzled cochin being approved and now frizzle polish. sooooooooo
big_smile.png

Personally I like the frizzle polish but have no room for them. I think it'd be nice to have a coop of just Frizzled anythings. Although there are hard feathered birds and soft feathered birds. Not sure how hard feathered birds look or feel. Soft feathered birds are fun to pet.

Last edited:
I voted Sultan Frizzle... hehe. I love frizzled Polish. I am working on a Silverlaced Sultans right now, and I love Sulties, my Silkie X Sultan crosses - they turn out soooooooooooooooooo cute. I have people come here and try to by them... nope they stay. I do Keep my other Sultans pure, but culls I love playing with and making new creations......
big_smile.png
hide.gif

Wouldnt a frizzled sultan look just like a frizzled polish but with feathered feet? I mean, it wont look that much different than the frizzle polish
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom