Should I feel obligated to stay with one Realtor if I'm not happy

Yeah, I just have to suck it up and get tough I guess........ that's hard for me....
hide.gif

no you should not stay with a realtor your not happy with. Politely tell her/him why you can no longer work with them.

I have no idea how many realtors my husband fired when he was looking for his first house.

When we were looking we put a 1000.00 deposit on 85 acres. Then we found out we couldn't get a construction loan and needed to buy something existing. Our dufus realtor didn't inform the sellers in time and we lost our deposit. He apologized and gave us 360 degree pictures on the computer listing site. Last time I saw him he was working at Big R.

We have a realtor here that advertises on tv, basically, "I'm applying for a job and if you don't like the job I do, fire me!"...lol. Very direct but so true. I didn't use that person since he's familiar with other types of properties, but we just sold some acreage and I interviewed several realtors for the job. I chose the one that had the best marketing, the best pulse on that particular buying market, and was the best connected to others that were best connected to that market. Personally, I didn't even care for the guy and couldn't have cared less if our personalities didn't match. I wanted to hire the best person for the job and he was it out of the ones I interviewed. Sold it in less than 3 weeks. If someone is not qualified or not doing the job for you that they should, it's fine to hire someone else.
smile.png

A realtor is a service provider. They are providing a service to you in helping you find the dream house/property you are looking for. And for this service, you pay them. If they are giving you poor customer service, it's high time to find someone who will go above and beyond. And in this market, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

With that said, it doesn't sound like she's able to provide you with what you need right now and you should NOT feel obligated to her for any reason. It doesn't matter if she's the one selling your current house. Find a realtor who deals in farm properties and I bet you'll do much better without the frustrations you feel now. And good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom