Should i get more guinea fowls?

The hens can drive you stark raving mad! If mine continue to go on at night I’m going to put them in the freezer. Lately I’ve been having a lot of trouble with a hen or two going on all night long buckwheat buckwheat buckwheat buckwheat, followed by a boy or two.

I guess that makes sense being it is time to couple up and find a mate. It’s quite possible I have an odd man or woman out?

If it were up to me I’d have just boys to eat ticks all day long but I would miss that crazy buckwheat call during the daytime when I’m working at home and bored. Best of luck with your flock!
Seems to be a spring thing for us. Every spring the hens get noisy again, buckwheat calling much of the night… 🤦‍♀️

Want to know a not-so-secret-secret? We've had a late hatcher living inside w/us all winter. She's 4 months old now, has a playpen inside and covered kennel outside where she & adults are acclimating to each other. But she still goes in her brooder in the evening to sleep (she's getting a new coop). She's pretty quiet in the evening, until my husband makes sarcastic comments to me, then she stares right at him and lets fury bellow. Then she turns her tail feathers on him, aligns herself on her perch and resumes quiet rewhistling.:lau
That is absolutely hilarious! Cleary she has taken on a serious personality! I’ve only had one that seemed to take any interest in me. The rest only at feeding time or when they want back on the other side of the electric fence they flew over earlier and now seem to have forgotten about it here flying abilities.
Oh well I’m the doorman for a cat too lol

Back
Top Bottom