Should I get peafowl?

StevenW.

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 7, 2010
Central, Illinois
Should I?? Theres a breeder in my town so it would be easy to get a pair/juvs/chicks/eggs. Which one should I start out at?

They have India Blue, Cameo, Pied, White, Black Shoulder and I think they have some Silver Pieds in with whites!
smile.png

CHICKS!!! Definalty go with chicks if you raise them they are so much friendlier. CHICKS CHICKS CHICKS!!!!

well it depends.. PEAchicks are much harder to raise then chickens/CHICKS.. from what I hear.. do you want a big bang right away.. then go with older, do you want to breed.. go with older... its all a personal thing

I plan to have 11 month olds.. and then up to 3 year olds right away

I started with a peahen last week 101/2 months old.. and next week I am getting 3 more.. and one will be 11 months old.. and the rest over 2 years old

I will mix and match and have my own chicks one day.. so I will then know what it will be like to compare... a chick to an adult as in taming..etc..

so we shall see

I SAY GO FOR IT.. WHATEVER YOU DECIDE.. GO FOR IT

Last edited:
Go to see if the more mature birds are friendly. Do you want advice on which breed to get. Also what are they charging. You should definitely get peafowl if you have the room and willing neighbors.

Quote:
Yes what breed would be nice
smile.png

I'm not sure how much they cost each but last I heard was $50.
I dont have to worry about neighbors since we are out of town bounds and they cant do anything (we asked permission before we got any poultry they said since we are out of bounds it doesnt matter)

Back
Top Bottom