Should I give chicken with illness a bigger cage

What are you treating with? Or what specifically are you treating for at this time?

If you haven't already I'd suggest you start a post on the emergency forum with the specific symptoms you're seeing and see if someone can help pinpoint the issue.

What are you treating with? Or what specifically are you treating for at this time?

If you haven't already I'd suggest you start a post on the emergency forum with the specific symptoms you're seeing and see if someone can help pinpoint the issue.
Okay because for now I’m just treating with antibiotics as I don’t know exactly what she has

I never recommend treating birds that are not showing signs of infection. The most common vaccines for respiratory diseases are MG and possibly infectious bronchitis. In what state are you located? Your state vet lab usually can tell you if they do testing or not. Testing of a bird with symptoms, or even better, getting a necropsy if you lose them, are the best ways to find out what you are dealing with. Here is a list of those state vets, and you could call them during work hours and ask about theat:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

I never recommend treating birds that are not showing signs of infection. The most common vaccines for respiratory diseases are MG and possibly infectious bronchitis. In what state are you located? Your state vet lab usually can tell you if they do testing or not. Testing of a bird with symptoms, or even better, getting a necropsy if you lose them, are the best ways to find out what you are dealing with. Here is a list of those state vets, and you could call them during work hours and ask about theat:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html
I’m in Colorado but I don’t have the money for a vet right bow

I was just suggesting calling your state lab who could then tell you whether of not they could test a sick chicken. They have people that can arrange for testing, no vet. You could then ask how much it costs or if they do it. At the same time, you could ask how much for a necropsy. It is good to know about what is available whether you do it or not. Having a chronic disease brought into your flock will surely cost you a lot on antibiotics in the future. Sometimes it is better to cull sick birds.

I was just suggesting calling your state lab who could then tell you whether of not they could test a sick chicken. They have people that can arrange for testing, no vet. You could then ask how much it costs or if they do it. At the same time, you could ask how much for a necropsy. It is good to know about what is available whether you do it or not. Having a chronic disease brought into your flock will surely cost you a lot on antibiotics in the future. Sometimes it is better to cull sick birds.
Okay, I’ll keep that in mind and start an emergency thread with her symptoms

Back
Top Bottom