Should I give chicken with illness a bigger cage

Beloved Turkey

Chirping
Apr 3, 2023
I have a chicken with what i think is a respitory desease. I don’t know much about vaccinations but she is vaccinated so I’m pretty sure she’s still contagious right now she’s on a closed of dog kennel, should I move her to a more open cage or will that be a danger to the other animals in the room as I have rats and I’ll ducks in the same room as her and I don’t know if what she has is airborn. Both enclosures will be cleaned out of course, but what should I do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    719.2 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 7
She's been vaccinated for what?

If she's in the room with other animals anything she has and anything they have have already been transmitted to one another.
I don’t know what exactly she’s vaccinated for as my dad got her from someone but I do know that it’s for a respitory desease of some sort

I don’t know what exactly she’s vaccinated for as my dad got her from someone but I do know that it’s for a respitory desease of some sort
Are you in the US? The most common vaccines are coccidiosis and Mareks and neither is a respiratory illness. Other than that, I don't know what it would be.

Do you happen to have access to a vet with knowledge about poultry or at least birds?

this chicken has been have sneezing and coughing almost 24/7 since we’ve gotten her breathing it’s really just the severity that changes

Yeah without knowing what she was vaccinated for I can't say if it's relevant here or not. Assume not, because if she is sick, she's sick regardless of being vaccinated.

She will need good ventilation to help her recover regardless. So definitely don't close her up even more.

Yeah without knowing what she was vaccinated for I can't say if it's relevant here or not. Assume not, because if she is sick, she's sick regardless of being vaccinated.

She will need good ventilation to help her recover regardless. So definitely don't close her up even more.
Ok but should I move her to a room away from my ducks or keep her in the same room

Back
Top Bottom