Should I give up?

Those are the ones that still appear viable with clear air pockets. I saw one of them move while candling as well.
Can you get a video of it moving? Are you sure it wasn't just sloshing around in the egg?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure that those eggs are viable. I don't see any veining, and the embryo looks very small to be hatching.
What about egg 18? Did you see any movement or veins in that? I can't tell from the photo.

:goodpost:
I'm curious since I've never actually float tested eggs before, but is it possible to mistake a sleeping chick for a deceased one- or would there still be some movement during it? Just curious, wouldn't want OP to throw out living eggs!
Anything is possible. A piece of space junk could fall out of the sky and hit your car while you are driving to the grocery store today. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it's impossible.

I consider this float test as a last minute desperation check just before you throw the eggs out. Any living chick in the egg should feel the movement of being lifted and handled and be wiggling when the egg is in the water. It should be readily noticeable. I'm not going to search myself but there are videos on the internet that show what this movement looks like. You are not going to mistake it.

Anything is possible. A piece of space junk could fall out of the sky and hit your car while you are driving to the grocery store today. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it's impossible.

I consider this float test as a last minute desperation check just before you throw the eggs out. Any living chick in the egg should feel the movement of being lifted and handled and be wiggling when the egg is in the water. It should be readily noticeable. I'm not going to search myself but there are videos on the internet that show what this movement looks like. You are not going to mistake it.
fair enough! Thanks for confirming

Back
Top Bottom