should I go to the funeral?

Everyone deals with death in their own way.(as someone else already said)
I personally hate funerals..i dont get the point of them at all. BUt thats just me and how i am. (i dont want a funeral..and i'll haunt you if you even think of one for me..)
If you dont want tot go..dont go. You can remember and honor your grandmother in your own way... THATS how it should really be done anyways.
So sorry you lost her.
hugs.gif

In my opinion, funerals are for the living. If you don't feel comfortable with the people who will attend, then don't go.

We didn't have a funeral for my father. He died 2 years ago December 30th. On the one year anniversary of his death, we all took a family trip and had a nice day together remembering him. During the year that led up to that trip, we all grieved in our own way, at our own pace.

My sincere condolences to you on the loss of your Grandmother. I'm certain that you will not offend her if you don't go. She loved you, and you loved her, simple as that. No other "ceremony" needs to happen for that to remain a reality. You will find as you get older that when you live your life behaving the way others think you should, you will have regrets. Live your life for yourself.... it's what your Grandmother would have wanted.

Hugs to you.
hugs.gif

I wouldn't go. Remember her as she was and let the rest of the "family stick" deal with their own issues...
spoken by someone who had 3 funerals to go to in 86, and has 2 members of her direct family still left after 2001...

My condolences on your loss and your's also Keene.

Back
Top Bottom